Chapter 10: Baseball

(Katherine's Outfit for the game ^^^ except for the purse and sunglasses)

Jasper's POV

To ask if a vampire ever felt nervous, I normally would scoff at the question.  But, here I am, standing out in the field with my family as I waited for my mate to arrive.  I was nervous as a hell.  I was also anxious to show off my skills to my mate, but I feared what if I push too hard and possibly hurt someone.  I snap my head to the sound of the familiar engine of Emmett's jeep.  My face breaks out into a big smile as I catch the scent of my mate and see her exiting the jeep with her brother and Bella.   Edward gets out of the driver's side and moves closer to Bella as they draw near.  I immediately pull Katherine into my arms and breathe her in.  As we walk to the home base, I see Carlisle and Rosalie deciding who bats first by grabbing the bat see who tops first.  Rosalie won, but Carlisle tries to cheat which he earns a playful smack and smile from Rose. 

"You gonna tell me yet why you need a storm to play?" Katherine asks.

I chuckle, "When we play baseball, we can be a little...loud.  Thunder drowns out how we play."  She was still a little confused but I grip her chin gently with my thumb and forefinger and kiss her lips gently.  As I pull away, I giver her a small smirk, "You'll see what I mean."

I move to grab a bat and see that Esme made Bella an umpire and Rosalie was up to bat first.  I look over and see Alice on the pitcher's mound and smiles as we begin to hear the start of the storm. 

"It's time." She smiles big. 

Rose gets ready to go first.  Alice makes the pitch, throwing her leg up and shoots the ball towards Rose.  Rose strikes the ball in time with the thunder.  The impact of the ball hitting the metal makes a loud sound that was similar to thunder crackling. 

I look over and see Katherine's surprised look and Bella beats her to her thoughts

"Ok, now, I see why you need the thunder."  Bella gasps. 

"That's gonna be a home-run, right?"  Dax asks as he stands next to Bella.

Esme smirks, "Edward's very fast."