Chapter 3: The Accident

(In case you can't read the name on the pic; that is Oriel.  How I see her at least.  And yes, that is Megan Fox from Jenifer's Body)

Edward never showed up for school the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that either.  But, Jasper and I got to know each other better and he is everything I ever dreamed of.  I noticed though that he was cold to touch.  Also, I noticed that his eyes weren't black anymore, they were golden now. That's when I knew...Jasper Hale was a vampire.  And so was his family.  A few times when Jasper and I were trying to make private conversations, his 'twin', Rosalie would interrupt us and practically pull Jasper away from me.  I didn't get what her problem was with me.  Over the past few weeks, I discovered I was slowly falling in love with Jasper Hale.  Was this my fate?  To fall for a vampire?  I should ask Mother soon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kat's outfit)

Bella and I hanged out next to her truck after school; she told me that she finally confronted Edward after he came back from his trip.  'Personal' reasons he said.  But, I suspect it was something else.  Maybe Bella was right.  When she said he looked like he wanted to kill her, he probably did want to.  I suspected that he and his family want to co-exist with the humans.  Like my family wants to.  But, if Edward tries something, I'll kill him.  I catch Bella looking over her shoulder at him; both of them were practically having eye sex with each other.  I looked over at Jasper standing next to the Volvo, he looks over at where I was and smiles.  I send him a wave and I look over and see Dax next to Alice.  It's not official yet, but I believe they will be dating by the end of this month.  Oriel, Cin and I have a pool going. 

A loud honking jerked me out of my thoughts and I see Tyler's van skidding across the parking lot...towards Bella and me!  Bella pushes me hard out of the way before I could do anything to protect her and because of the stupid ice I slide away and bang against a small rock with a loud, painful grunt.  I gasp and sit up fast.  Feeling pain, I reach up and touch the side of my head and look at my bloody fingers.  I feel myself healing (Super healing is another power).  Hearing the small crack in my skull close up itself, making a soft, crackling noise.  I wipe the blood away and look over to where Bella was.