Chapter 7: Falling in Love

Jasper's POV

Spending so much time with my love has been such a blessing from heaven. For centuries, I believed I was damned forever to be with Maria as the monster she made me. When I found Alice after I escaped with Peter and his mate, Charlotte, I found a family of my own. But, it never felt enough. Even the nights I spent with Alice never filled me. Never satisfied me. Now...I feel complete with Katherine. But, why must fate be so cruel? I want to be with her forever, but forever meant killing her and turning her into something like me...a monster.

After our little rain dance, I made sure she made it home, safe and sound. I caught her shivering as I drove, so I kept the heater on high enough to make sure she was warm enough. It would kill me if she became sick because of me. I took her out there in the woods, I let her dance in the rain. I want nothing to happen to her. As night fell, here I was, standing at my balcony, looking out into the distance. Seeing if I could see her house from where I was. But, she was too far. It was starting to hurt being so far apart from her.

I turn as I begin to sense a presence behind me. Carlisle.

"What's troubling you, my son?" He asks.

I sigh deeply and turn back into the distance, "When you discovered Esme was your mate, how did you make the decision to turn her?"

I start to feel the distress rolling off of Carlisle, the memories of that day still haunted him, yet comforted him at the same time. Finding his mate was the best and worst time of his life.

He sighs softly and moves to stand next to me, "When I found Esme, I knew I couldn't be without her. I didn't want to turn her, but I didn't have a choice. The bond with us was so strong, it hurt watching her suffer in that hospital bed. She didn't have long either way. She wanted to die, but I couldn't let her go. I love her so much."

I feel him pat my shoulder, "You have the choice, Jasper. Let her live, like a human, or like you. But, whatever choice you make, make sure you agree with it. Don't make a choice so soon. Take time and talk to her about it."

I sigh and look at him, nodding in agreement.

"Why not go see her? I can see you want to." He adds. "Besides, it's your...what? Fourth date night?

I give him a crooked smile and laugh, he was right again. I sigh and jump on the ledge of the balcony.

"Actually, it's been six Saturday nights of dates." I smirk and take off in vampire speed to my car and head off to see Katherine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kat's outfit for the date ^^^)

Katherine's POV

It's been over a month, and dating Jasper Hale has been such a dream. I can't describe this feeling I have for him. The bond that holds us together is so incredibly strong. It hurt so much to be separated from him every day. But, nights, when he sneaks into my room and lies next to me, it makes it better. I know he thinks I don't know that he is there, but I always know. After the dance we shared in the rain, the next day at school, I talked to Bella. She was happy that I knew and that she had someone to share the secrets with. Me and Dax. But, If only she knew about our secret. In time.