Chapter 11: The Hunter

Jasper's POV

I was beyond angry. I didn't think anything could calm myself down. Feeling the disgusting lust and blood lust James carried for my mate, I want to rip him apart till there's nothing left of him. I could imagine my arms trapping his neck in my hold. Slowly twisting his head off. I want him to feel it all. And I would enjoy it.

My thoughts are cut off as I feel my Katherine wrap her arms around me and holds on to me. I let out a shuddering breath as I just realized what I was thinking. I'm becoming like I use to be. The monster Maria made me. I slowly wrap my arms around Katherine and hold her close to me.

I feel her lifting her head and look deep into my eyes.

"I love you." She whispers.

My love, my reason for my existence, James will have to pry her from my ashes to get to her.

"I love you more than anything, my darling'." I whisper and lean in to kiss her sweet lips. Thrusting my tongue into her mouth. She always tasted so sweet. I couldn't get enough of her.

With soft sigh, we pull away just as we arrive at home.

I get out first, then helped Katherine out. I watch Dax get out with Alice connected to his side. Holding on to him as if he was going to disappear in seconds. We head inside with Edward and Bella, but we skid to a halt as a familiar face is walking towards us with Carlisle in tow. I couldn't stop the growl escaping my lips as I see Laurent, knowing he's part of James' coven. I was ready to attack with Edward and Alice but, Carlisle stops us.

"Wait! He came to warn us...About James." He says.

I could feel he was telling the truth. The fear from Laurent's pores as James' name is spoken clogs my throat.

"This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years. And the woman, Victoria...Don't underestimate her." Laurent gives us a apologetic and worried look, then left. I could feel his blood lust for Bella, but, he fought as hard as he could to resit it. As well I as I am doing now, being so near her. My anger was stronger than my lust for blood. I wanted James dead.

We headed down to the garage and Edward packed up the cars.

"Hey, your mom and dad dropped off your suitcases at Charlie's. They were nice enough to pack for you." Bella mutters as pain and sadness fill her as she talks to Katherine and Dax. I watch Katherine hug her and hold her. Comforting her as best as she could.

I sigh bitterly as I help Emmett with packing while Carlisle stacked up emergency money.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're not easy to kill." I say as I grit my teeth.

"But not impossible. We'll rip him apart and burn the pieces." Emmett says, as if it was that simple. I had my doubts it'll be easy.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle says.

Rosalie sits on a counter, glaring at our mates and us, "What if he kills one of us first?"

Dax and Katherine snap their heads up at that question, then move to another part of the garage to talk. I could hear them talking in their language. I look over to Carlisle who frowns. Confusion rolls off him.