Chapter 4

A little close for comfort

Monday, working my supposedly earlier shift , typing away at the keyboard, updating software for company reasons and being as helpful as possible at my position to be. For the past few hours Charles breezed by every so often staring me down alluringly, that's what I saw when I caught him. After our conversation to no where it's been slightly different, easy, light. It's harder to explain the feel , the quiet feel-
Not long after he finally set foot into the office dropping off a few codings and spoke charmingly,
"I need you to, file these out for me also agree to have dinner with me tonight" , it took quite a while for me to compute the second half of his statement .

"Wait what... I'm sorry sir did you ask for me to have dinner...with you. Tonight?"

"Yes I did, and to file those" he smiled as he sat on my desk,

"I'll get these done... And sure I guess"

"You guess ?"

"Yes, that would be nice" I hesitated when answering, my eyes locked on the computer screen too nervous to stare him in the eye.

"Well see you tonight" he responded as walking away. Why did I agree so quickly? No excuse or anything I just..agreed, I barley even know the man! Am I going crazy? Am I dumb? He could be an axe murderer for all I know, what do I wear?

~
For the rest of the day skipping my break I contemplated about what Charles said to me, he was so quick to utter the words, "and agree to have dinner with me tonight " , and I was very quick to agree even if I hesitated. What does this mean? Oh no... I like him, nothing rules out to just that. Thinking so much gave me a headache , I couldn't wait to go home.

~
The end of my shift finally approached as I gathered my things and walked haphazardly towards the door, funny the easy feeling turned into a butterfly nightmare . The root of my stomach started knotting , my throat dry, is this what liking someone means? All these feelings all these emotions... Just feeling in general. Standing in the elevator didn't make it any better , my insides all floating up then down as if I'm a balloon. Getting to the bottom of my designated floor I left getting fresh air into me. The ride home felt long, couldn't wait to sit and think what the hell is going on.
It wasn't long after wishful thinking I was back at my apartment, my roommate all laid out on the sofa and the tv stayed loud.
"Hi D"
"Hey" responding I go to my room and began to thrash clothes around and panic every so often. Anaya unexpectedly came in viewing a hurricane of female travesty,

"May I ask, where's the fire?"

"Clothes searching"

"For what exactly... Do you have a date? Is it with that cute guy that came by..what's his name" she snapped to remember.

"Peter right?"

"I'm not going on a date with him.." I responded thrashing faster,

"So you are going on a date! Oh I have the perfect things for you" pausing the rampage she caught me, now I have to let her help.

"And that is?"

"Follow me!" She responded excitedly running to her room, nothing left to follow and let her turn me into a fool .
She returned from her closet holding big boxes one on another and dropped them on her bed.