Chapter 5

Girls night out

My thoughts circled in my mind, recreating every moment of the laughs we shared the short distant walks and that firm warm hug. I could still feel the tender breathes on my neck, as I sat sulking in beauty Anaya came and intruded on my imagination screaming loudly and bountiful.
"Morning best friend!"

"Morning A" I responded

"So how was the date? Tell me everything down to the kiss"

"Who kisses on the first date ? And especially with your boss!"

"I mean I did .." Her hand stroke the back of her head as she looked down,

"That's you , I don't find Charles to be ..my type " I lied.

"So you have a type now ?"

"Don't we all?"

"Anywho, what are you doing tonight besides sitting in your room and writing in your diary"

"What..?I don't have a diary, but I'm not busy I have off today "

"Good you're coming to a party and guess who's gunna be there?" The look on her face as she said that was questionable

"I must ask who?"

"That really cute Peter guy I bet he's your type" Anaya laid a couple of playful punches on me before falling back,

"Well..I guess I'll be there"

"You don't have a choice " she smiled menacingly and pranced away into her room.
Back to day dreaming about him.
~~~

Having many thoughts of tonight's party just gased in my mind there was no idea what could be going on at this place. In the middle of me envisioning the intoxicated frat happening my phone vibrated, rolling to grab it I see an unknown number I answer hoping deeply it wasn't a telemarketer.

"Hello?"

"D'Andrea?"

"Who is this...?" I replied cautiously

"Don't worry about it, anyway theres a task you need to attend to at work"

"On a Saturday?"

"Don't question just come" the mysterious voice hung up and left me in uncomfortable agony.

Getting up from the couch I found myself grabbing things and scurried out leaving without a word, wearing just PJ's and a sweater and my hair up like I just rolled out of bed. I don't know why I'm so quick to jump for my job... well it's my job if I don't jump I'd probably get fired.

~~~

On the way up to the floor I was nit picking at my fingers, feeling that heavy feeling in my stomach, trying to tie the knots on why I came. The elevator door opened quickly to a dark vacant workspace, the only vital light was sun seeping through the window, no one was around but me. I walked in and look around holding my arm tightly with the other, a shadow zipped by causing me to stay where I was.

"You actually came" one scream after those words spoke slipped from my lips,

"Calm down D'Andrea, it's just me"