Chapter 6

The downfalls
The next morning I found myself in Charles's bed, his armed casted over me and his t-shirt hugging my body  , in my head I was happy that It finally  happened  . Charles woke up shortly after I did with that signature smile on his face, this time his eyes appeared softer rather than fierce as always. He looked brighter than usual ,

"I'm happy to see that face still in my bed" he whispered, and I replied with a cute giggle and a warm smile.
Charles sat up and proceeded to put his clothes on,
Suddenly I heard keys jingling at the door,

"Do you have a roommate or something ?" I asked cautiously getting out of the bed

"Not exactly" in total confusion I stared at Charles until a voice broke me out of it

"Charles.." A feminine voice shouted,

"You have a girlfriend ?!" I violently whispered ,

"No..I mean yes well more like wife, just go and I'll promise to explain myself  tomorrow at work "

"Don't bother" I say boiled . Removing his shirt,
I put my dress back on  grabbing my shoes and left from the doors leading from his bathroom to his front door avoiding the female .

When I was in the hallway a subtle tear fell down my face as I stormed off in utter disgust . I took a cab home to organize my thoughts.

~
Getting home I opened the door to Anaya sitting on the couch looking quite anxious, her face lit up as she sprung up to hug me after scold me like I was her child.

"D'Andrea ! Where have you been"

"It was no where important" I reply mellowed

"You were crying .why?"

"Honestly I don't want to talk about it  Anaya it's nothing serious " I lied trying to hold back my tears.

"Look, you are not okay, and that's okay to not feel like you, you are a strong beautiful woman and I am your bestfriend , you're like a sister to me D. Now go put some sweats on and I'll grab our emergency ice cream for situations like this".

Taking her words into consideration I go, shower and change into baggy clothing pulling my hair back . When I returned Anaya awaited for me with a box of tissues and  ice cream and arranged for us to judge people on social media to ourselves.
After a few laughs and 2 tubs of ice cream later Anaya paused to ask

"What happened last night ?"

Before responding I inhaled ,

"Charles had, took me back to his place to watch movies, we ended up kissing
- then we had sex in his bed. I woke up this morning and I heard keys jingling at the door. I assumed he had a roommate but... Come to find out Charles is married and he didn't even tell me from the beginning"

Anaya's face contorted as she grew into anger,

"I'm gunna chop this low down scheming assholes fucking balls off, how dare he?! Sleep with my bestfriend then failed to fucking mention he had a wife. And did he not say he had an explanation ?!"

"He said he'd explain at work but I don't wanna hear it... I feel used, I didn't wanna be someone's mistress "

"You're not D'Andrea, like I said you are way better than that , you're beautiful , smart. Hey don't you have leave time ? You've been working an awful lot"