Chapter 11

Until now

A week had passed from that night , I went home, still stuck on the thought about Ascha, my gut was telling me there's something not right but it could be hormones. My feelings weren't in the right spot I didn't know how to feel at this point.

Thursday evening, I laid in bed awaiting for Charles to return with my lunch. Anaya left to do overtime so it was just us.

He finally returned with that same comforting smile on his face.

"Hopefully this is good enough for you" he chuckled softly,

"Anything is good enough , you make me sound like a brat" I grin, and I get a flash back.

"So I have a business trip  tomorrow and I won't be back until Monday evening "

"That sounds pretty inconvenient because , my ultrasound appointment is tomorrow "

"I know , you told me but this is for us, selling some software to make the company more valuable"

"Well I don't think it would be that valuable for missing the first time you get to see your child" I reply with a hint of sass.

"What is that even suppose to mean?"

"It means that, is your job more important than our family?"

"That's not what I'm saying , it's just that.."

"It's just what Charles ? You can't hold off this meeting until Saturday ? Or it really is , your job is more important "

"D'Andrea you're over reacting" he slightly raised his voice

"How am I over reacting ?! You want to miss our first Ultrasound sound because of a meeting, there would be tons of meetings and you just have to go to this one!"

"Maybe I wasn't making you sound like a brat after all!" He yells back

"Get out! Since your child isn't  important as your job!" I final with tears pushing through . And then he left, slamming each door on the way out, I was too livid , just outraged about this , how can he choose his job over me?
More tears started budging and finally fell down my face, I felt a little below in this relationship all of a sudden, I needed to push it off ...but how?

An hour had passed and I was crying still, in  bed thinking before I heard keys coming to the door, I knew Anaya was home,

"D'Andrea! I'm home !" I hear, moments later

"D'Andrea?!" She yells once more before barging in.

"Girl, work was a bitch today I had..." she paused then stared me deep in the eyes

"What's wrong?" She quickly stated

"Charles and I got into a fight " I croak before crying more ,

"Oh my god, D'Andrea are you okay?! Did he hurt you" she responds alarmed

"No, he had this stupid meeting tomorrow and my ultrasound is tomorrow ... and he wants to go there...and I don't know what to do...we were yelling and, and....Anaya I don't know what to do!" I scream out to her in broken sentences, she pulls me closer stroking my head softly

"Don't worry about it ... any person would know that your child and girl comes first, especially before your job. If he's gunna be an ass I'll be there" she sighed

"Really?" I sniff

"I'd be the worst best friend if I didn't go" she smiled .

"Thank you Anaya" I say slightly satisfied.