Chapter 29 | That Certain Twin

[Chapter 29 | That Certain Twin]

"Do you...want to hang out with me today?"

Jun woke up with that text from a certain twin. That night she had already packed and told her parents she was going to stay at Kyoya's for a few days, which was fine with them although she did get a talk since Kyoya was her boyfriend after all and her staying at his place sounded a little sneaky, however she assured them that nothing like 'that' was going to happen.

She was dressed in simple clothing, black jeans and a simple light blue shirt. She wore a black bracelet on her right wrist and she had black boots on. Nothing too fancy today. Her hair was up in a pony tail.

It was morning. She glanced at her wig and Ouran uniform, which was hanging up on the outside of her closet door before she left to go see Kaoru. 

He had told her just to meet him at the park near her home, which she knew about but was surprised that Kaoru had knowledge of it's existence.

She got there and saw him sitting on a bench. "Hey." She greeted, walking over and sitting next to the twin. He looked up and offered her a kind smile.

"Hey." He got up.

"What's on your mind? It's strange of you just to ask me out here." Jun pointed out.

"Oh, uh, well I just thought it'd be nice since I'm sure you must be stressed about Kyoya." Kaoru said. He smiled his charming smile at her. "I wanted to cheer you up a little bit."

"Oh." Jun was speechless for a few moments before she smiled slightly at him and spoke up. "Thank you, Kaoru. That's really sweet."

Kaoru grinned at her, his cheeks a faint red. "Thanks, hah. So, parks are always fun. Want to go on the swings?" He asked.

Jun chuckled at that. "Sure, why not?"

She walked with him to the swings and they sat down on two swings next to each other. She swung slow at first while Kaoru went faster to go higher. This was nice.

"I can't stay for long, I have something on in the afternoon."  Jun then said.

"Oh alright, that's a shame. I was hoping we could spend the day together. "Kaoru said, his voice laced with disappointment.

"Sorry, maybe another time, when things aren't so hectic."

Kaoru nodded his head. "Alright." It was silent for few moments before he spoke up. "Are you going to go to Kyoya?"

Jun blinked. She looked forward, away from him. "I don't know. "She lied.

"The host club was talking about it... We don't know what to do either." Kaoru sighed. He glanced to her. "You really love him, huh?"

She looked over to him then forward again and up a little, looking at the blue sky that was bright but seemed dim with the subject of Kyoya. "... I do." She said. "I haven't felt this way before about anyone."

Kaoru looked to her. He stopped his swinging and got up all of sudden, which made Jun stop her singing too. "I'm sorry." He said. He leaned down and suddenly, he kissed her.

Her eyes widened. She sat there for a few seconds in shock before she pushed him off, hands on his shoulders. "Kaoru?" She got off the swing, wiping her mouth.

Kaoru took a step back, eyes of regret but also relief. "I'm sorry." He said. "I know this is a bad time I just... I did that without thinking and..."

"...How long have you felt this way, Kaoru?" Jun asked.

"Ever since I found out that you were a girl, pretty much." Kaoru said. He glanced away and rubbed the back of his neck. "...I'm sorry." He said. "I couldn't hold back... You finally needed to know."