Signs.

BRAD'S POV

It's around about half five in the morning. I'm dressed in scruffy clothes and my usual black coat. I'm standing on the edge of my door step smoking a cigarette. I'm messing around with my lighter. The way it flickers up like it has a chance in life and then the wind knocks it back and it falls back down. I spark up again I like the way it forms into a pyramid shape. I spark it up a few more times before heading inside. I closed the front door and creeped upstairs. I heard my dad speaking, what was he doing up at this time? "Jerry you better fucking understand me. Do you realise how much pressure you're putting on the company?" His voice was broad. I could hear him moving around his room getting closer. I locked myself in the bathroom. "Jerry don't give me that shit. Sort it out!" His voice trailed as he walked downstairs. Unintentionally I followed him stepping in all the right places of the landing so it didn't creak.

"You fucking idiot. You make sure the executives don't find out."

I could hear his voice loud and clear. He was outside the kitchen door talking to his assistant Jerry. He's always talking about the business. My dad works as a sales business man. It's his own business he's built up from scratch and he's hoping one day to pass it on to me- "Bradley?" My dad opened the back door.

I just came down for protein shake. He pattered me on the back and started saying how proud he is of me. "Son. I've got a meeting in the morning, get some sleep."