Part 20

Hannah’s POV :

 The next day, the boys had to go back to the studio. I first went for a walk before I headed to the studio. The boys were very busy writing when I came in but Joel immediately looked up “There you are babe. I started to worry. It’s already noon” “Yeah, I know, sorry” “We were just about to have lunch” Adam said “We’re going to that Italian restaurant around the corner here” “Ok” I smiled

 Joel grabbed my hand and hand in hand, we followed the others. He softly gave me a kiss on my cheek “Where have you been? I really started to worry” “I was on the beach and forgot the time” “Andy said the same. That you probably forgot the time. He was laughing with me and said that I was too worried” “It’s cute” I winked and kissed him.

 “We are lucky. We have the last free table. It’s that one over there” Ryan said and pointed at it. I was sitting in the middle between Joel and Adam, Andy and Ryan in front of us. “Everyone pizza?” Andy asked “Yes” we all answered. They were really fast with the service here. We only had to wait for like 5 minutes before our lunch arrived.

 Suddenly after we had eaten, I got a message. “Jayden?...” I whispered to myself. Joel must have heart it because he was reading along with me over my shoulder. ‘Hi sis, how is LA? Probably better than the UK. The weather here is... well yeah, UK weather ;). Now, I’m sending you this text because Jaymi told me so. There is something you need to know but I don’t know how to say it in a text message. Can you please call me if you see this or Skype or whatever? But I really need to talk to you. Jayden xxx’

“What’s that all about?” Joel asked “I have no idea...” “Text him back that you can Skype with him tonight. Just, don’t forget the time difference babe” “Yeah...”

Hi Jay, LA is amazing. And yes, the weather is AWESOME! Now about what you want to tell me. You’ve made me really curious now. It’s there something wrong? Something with mum? I can come on Skype tonight at 6 but what about the time difference? Xxx’  I almost immediately got an answer from Jayden ‘That’s ok for me sis ;). So then I’ll see ya on Skype ;) xxx’

 The rest of the afternoon, the boys went back to work. The entire time, I was thinking about what Jayden wanted to tell me... “Babe, we’re done for today” “What time is it?” “It’s 5.30. You still have half an hour” “Let’s go Joel” “Why so in a hurry?” Adam asked “I’ve to go on Skype. With my brother Jayden” I explained “Come on, go then” Adam winked. The boys stayed in the studio for a bit longer but Joel and I left. We were just in time back at the hotel. Joel immediately turned on his computer for Skype....

“Ok, there is...” suddenly Jayden came on the screen of the computer “...Jayden” Joel laughed “JAYDEN” I smiled “Hi sis, hi Joel” “Hey Jayden” Joel waved for the computer “So tell me, is the weather in Liverpool that bad?” I laughed “It is raining so hard again... I want the sun back!” “Well... here in LA, it’s 29°” I laughed “Yeah yeah, make me jealous” Jayden winked “Now serious, what did you want to tell me Jay?” “Right... erm... sis, I don’t know how to tell you...” “Jayden, please just tell me. Is there something with mum or Jaymi? Or you? Or with Emily? Or Jess?” I asked. Joel looked at me with a confused look on his face “That are their girlfriends” I whispered in Joel’s ear “Ah okay”

 “No no Hannah, it’s something else... Erm... Mum received a letter. From dad...” “WHAT?” “Yeah... He... he’s still not over it that we don’t want contact with him anymore. Now after all those years, he decides to fight for us... He’s blaming mum for everything.” “What? What? I... Why?? Why after all those years?” I exclaimed. I got tears in my eyes, Joel was rubbing with his hand over my back to calm me down. “What was in the letter?” I asked. Jayden read the letter out loud. All I could say was “Oh my fucking God...”