Epilogue

Jack Frost was sitting on top of a roof and trying to see the moon beyond the clouds. He bathed in his agony without any answers. I smiled to myself as I stood on a branch far enough from Frost. I watched him sigh from time to time. That was all I need to see, all I needed to know. He may have been happy for her, but I could tell he felt alone. He smiled and assured himself he did the right thing.

I grinned to myself as I continued watching Frost lie to himself. I could have easily stepped in and destroyed him entirely, ruining the assurance, but it wasn't the time for that now. Jack tearing himself apart from time to time was only the first step of it all. Actually, the second step.

Slender arms wrapped around my waist from behind me.

I closed my eyes smiling to myself. "What's happened?"

My girl swung around me into my view. Her dark hair fell perfectly around her face. She kept her hand on my cheek as she stood in front of me. "We've captured Cupid again."

I kissed her hand. "Excellent. We'll need her soon."

Her dark eyes narrowed. "Should we put more security around her cage?"

I kissed her gently. "In good time, my dear, in good time. I have a feeling her next escape may be useful." I looked back at Frost. "Right now, we should see what might be happening with the other guardians."

My dark queen tilted her head. "Which one?"

I smiled. "E. Aster Bunnymund."