The Glowing Island

(Reader's POV)

It's not that I didn't want to go to Sandy's island. It's that I wanted to be with Jack. "Shouldn't someone stay with me?"

Jack looked at me. "That's what I thought too, but Bunny and North said if someone stayed on the island with you it would be easier to find that way."

I raised a brow. "How does that work?"

Jack was about to answer, but paused. His eyes shifted down at the floor. "It's an island of golden sand. A speck could just be a speck, but two people together make it look more than a speck. You can definitely tell that someone is there."

"Wouldn't he check anyway?" I took a step closer to Jack.

Jack smiled. "If he finds the island." He stepped closer and wrapped his arms around my hips. "Besides, I'll be there until you fall asleep."

I looked out the window then back at Jack. "What about when I wake up?"

Jack smirked. "You won't even notice I was gone."

I smiled. "Okay. Then let's go."

Jack hoisted me onto his back. We launched high into the air and then flew over a vast amount of oceans. I saw a few dolphins jump in the water. It seemed like they were following us until we saw a handful of large whales swimming along the top of the water. Jack looked back at me, grinning as I laughed. He flew down closer to the whales. Their eyes were on us.

Jack suddenly flipped over, spiraling me onto his front side. He held me tightly as we flew under a whale diving into the water. He laughed and threw me into the air. My hair lightly whipped my face as Jack flew over me and held me by my hips.

 Jack kissed my temple lightly as we approached a large, golden sand dune. "Woah!" He laughed and dodged it. He quickly flew up and we could see the entire island made of Sandy's golden sand. It was bright and shimmering. The setting sun gave the island a welcoming glow. It was like darkness could never exist here.

I looked at Jack, realizing why the guardians chose to keep me here. I kissed Jack, wrapping my arms around his neck. A smooth wind touch my skin as Jack kissed me, placing one hand on the small of his back. He kissed me again, cupping my head. This kiss was much slower and much more passionate than any other.

I moved back, but Jack kept his face against mine. Closing my eyes, I smiled and placed a hand on his cheek. Jack lightly kissed my hand and then my cheek. His embrace became tighter and I pulled his face closer to mine. I felt the ground under my feet and my eyes widened when I heard a laugh come from the water.

Jack smiled and turned around. "There's a lot of mermaids around here." He looked back at me. "They won't hurt you though. They'd never really hurt anyone." He shrugged.

I smiled. "So they won't want to simply drown me?"

Jack raised a brow, not getting my reference. "I don't think so."

I laughed and kissed his cheek.

One of the mermaids was playing a guitar in the distance. The mermaid that laughed swam away from us and swam to the one playing the guitar. She began to sing and other mermaids joined with their own voices or instruments.

Jack began to sway to the music and he backed away, placing his staff behind him, between his belt and pants. He held both of my hands and continued to sway. He laughed when the mermaids played louder and twirled me onto the water. He quickly twirled me back before the water touched my knees. He then stepped onto the water and twirled me onto the water with him. We swayed from side to side according to the music. Jack had control over the dance and it was beautiful.