Dark Truths

(Reader's POV)

I woke up to Jack smiling at me.

His eyes widened in surprise. "I'm sorry. That was creepy."

I grinned. "Kind of."

Jack flipped back to the window. "So what do you want to do before our date today?"

I sat up. "Well, let me get ready first."

Jack nodded, but continued looking at me.

"Um..." I stared at him.

"Oh!" His eyes widened. "Right, I'll um... I'll meet you outside." He flew out the window.

I quickly changed, combed my hair, and brushed my teeth. I ran out to Jack whose brows were furrowed as he looked up at the sky.

"What's wrong?"

Jack looked at me. "That's the signal that the guardians need me." He looked at the sky again, then me. He smiled. "I'll be back for our date. I promise." He kissed my forehead and took off.

(Jack's POV)

I flew to the pole, arriving with Tooth. "What happened?" I opened the door.

Tooth shrugged, hovering in. "I just got here."

We flew to the main room that observed the globe. North turned from Bunny to us.

He took a step forward. "Pitch is up to something. He's been showing up around places quite often."

"I saw him."

Everyone looked at me.

Bunny's brows crashed together. "And you weren't going to tell us."

I stepped back, sucking air. "I was, but... I don't really know what happened when I saw him."

Tooth flew into my view. "Well, what happened? What was he doing?"

My eyes shifted throughout the floor, trying to find an answer for all those questions. "He was taunting me."

Bunny rolled his eyes. "What else?"

I looked at Tooth. "He said something about not really doing anything two years ago."

Tooth's eyes narrowed, but suddenly widened.

My brows furrowed. "What is it?"

Tooth hovered a little closer to the floor. "I was visiting a child and she began to have a nightmare. Her... friend walked in and helped her sleep better. That was probably the only nightmare that I saw happen that night."

North crossed his arms, eyes narrow at me. "Did Pitch say anything else?"

I shook my head. "No. He didn't even mention children when he was with me. He just... taunted me."  was confused by my own words. His try to have me remember something, but I didn't truly know what. The only glimpse I got was of Cupid's face. 

I took a small breath. "I think Pitch has something to do with Cupid." 

Bunny raised a brow. "Cupid? Ha, that girl hasn't been around in a long time. The last time we saw her was with..." His muscles tensed as he looked to North. "We've got a problem, mate." 

(Reader's POV)

I tried not to look out my window, but on occasion I did. Jack said he wanted to take me somewhere special tonight and I was excited. I tried reading stories online to pass the time, but from time to time, I would look out the window. He wasn't there.

Eventually, I heard a knock. Jack hovered in front of the window, smiling. "Hi." He slid in. Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Yeah."