Tooth and Jack to the Rescue

(Jack's POV)

I shot ice in random directions as Pitch's laugh echoed around me. Breathing heavily, I gripped my staff tightly. "Only cowards hide in the dark!"

Pitch stepped forward. "Then why are you the one quivering as I laugh?" He placed his hands behind his back. "You know, anger doesn't make you any stronger."

My eyes narrowed as I pointed my staff at him. "What do you want?"

I shot ice at him and he blocked it with his scythe. I ran up to him and kicked him in the chest. He grabbed my ankle and slammed me to the ground. I flipped away, freeing myself. He slammed his scythe in front of me several times, making me flip back further and further. I looked at him, breathing heavily.

Pitch chuckled. "Isn't it obvious that I want the same as always?" He began to circle me. "I want the world to live in fear, Jack."

I felt hands grab my wrists, holding my hands down by my feet. I gripped my staff tightly in one hand. "Yeah? You've tried that before remember?"

"Who said I would fail again?" He grinned. "I can't always fail. And this time I won't with (_your name_)."

I stopped struggling. "What does (_your name_) have to do with it?"

He let out a small laugh. "Because she can see you. She believes. She's the second adolescent I know of that can still see the guardians. I'm wondering what makes her so special, what kind of quality does she carry, how can I turn that dark, and if I should use her like I used June."

My eyes narrowed at him. "If you kill her--"

"Oh, Jack, relax. If she dies, you'll find another. The one who's been out there waiting for you to say that you love her back." He grinned.

I blinked. "What? Who are you talking about?"

Pitch inched his face closer to mine. "I'm not surprised you don't remember. She did sabotage your teeth after all."

"Who!?"

Pitch rolled his eyes. "What other girl do you know, Jack?" He paused and let out a small chuckle. "Or rather, what other girl did you know?"

My brows furrowed.

Pitch smirked. "Back to where this is really going. (_your name_) is at the pole." A grinned crept onto his face. "Shall we go see her?"

(Reader's POV)

I heard yetis yelling and elves running everywhere. I opened the door to my room and looked around. My eyes widened as black sand ran at me. I got down just as Bunny threw an egg at it, causing an explosion.

Bunny took my hand. "Come on!"

I heard Pitch's laugh echo as we ran away from the room.

"Now hold on, Bunnymund."

Bunny simply looked at him then forward.

Pitch glared. "I said wait!"

Several nightmares appeared in front of us and behind us. Bunny stood his ground in front of me. My eyes flew to Pitch.

He smirked and looked beside him. Jack was tied up and sitting next to him. Pitch looked back at me. "(_your name_), have you ever thought of how you can help Jack?"

I glared at Pitch.

Pitch placed a hand on Jack's head. "After all, he's always saving you from the dark, from fear."

"Leave him alone!" I stepped forward and a mare stomped in front of me.

"Get back!" Bunny grabbed me.

Pitch pulled Jack's head up by his hair. "There's a way to save him (_your name_)." A sinister smile appeared on his face. "There's only one way."

I looked at Jack's expression. He was in pain. Pitch spawned his scythe, his eyes fixed on me.

He grinned. "The pain can be a lot worse."

"(_your name_)!" Jack yelled. "Don't! He won't hurt me! It's fine!"

Pitch turned his head to Jack. "Won't hurt you?" He swung his scythe and cut Jack's leg. He looked at me. "Want to test me?"

My eyes widened as I saw Jack's blood fall onto the globe. "What do you want!?"

Pitch grinned. "Well, the guardians seem to find you special, so why not you?"

"Me?"

"No!" Jack tried to hit Pitch. "It's some sort of trick!"

Pitch kicked Jack down. "Want to test that (_your name_)?" Pitch froze and fell forward.

Tooth was now hovering over him and she picked Jack up. She placed him on the upper floor and flew back at Pitch. She punched Pitch in the face over and over. Eventually, he managed to stop Tooth's punch. He tossed her a few feet away and stood up. Tooth flew at him and kneed his core. She slammed her elbows onto his back and kicked  him off the globe. She flew down after him, kicking him into the wall.

Bunny's eyes widened and he jumped down to Tooth, grabbing her arm and pulling her down to the first floor. The nightmares around me burst into ice pieces. Jack, breathing heavily, rapidly embraced me.

He pulled back and locked gazes with me. "You okay?"

I nodded. "It's you we need to take care of."

Jack bit his lip, looking back at the globe. "Actually, it's you and Tooth that need the most help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we cleaned Jack's wound, we found out it was nothing more than a scratch.

Jack smiled at me while he sat on the bed. "I told you it was nothing."

"He still made you bleed." I protested and looked at Tooth and Bunny on the other side of the room.

Bunny seemed angry with Tooth, but she continued glaring down at the floor. It was like there was an invisible wall between her and Bunny. Not a word was making it to her ear. Her purple eyes were simply glaring at the floor, thinking of the only thing she actually wanted to glare at.

I looked at Jack. "What's wrong with Tooth?"

Jack looked at Tooth. "I really don't know. We just knew she was angry about something. Very angry. To the point that she let it out on Pitch." He looked back at me. "As guardians, we don't kill."

I looked at Tooth and she was looking at Bunny, but with a glare. She spoke rapidly and flew out. I excused myself from Jack and ran after Tooth. I had a feeling her anger was my fault.

"Tooth!"

She turned to me with lowered eyes. "Oh. Hi."

I raised a brow, stopping beside her. "What's wrong?"

She looked away. "I found him."

I blinked. "The boy?"

She nodded. "His name is Damian Garen." She pursed her lips. "I saw him, and now I never will again."

My eyes widened. "What happened?"

She slowly looked up at me. "He died."

I paused.

She took a deep breath. "At first I was sad. I remembered his smile and the time we had together." She smiled as she spoke. "I remember how dorky he was and how considerate he was of me." She pursed her lips again. "But then I remembered why we weren't always together, why we couldn't be together."

I lowered my eyes, knowing the answer.

"It was Pitch. If he didn't go after the ones we fall in love with, I could have been with Damian all the time." She sighed. "When I realized that, I came here and let it all out." She hovered closer to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "He really was worth fighting for. Now, it's time to protect you." Like a bird, she looked around rapidly. "But you can't stay here. And I have a feeling that Pitch will go to either my palace or the warren next."

My eyes shifted. "Then where will I go?"

Tooth looked carefully looked at the shadows around her and then back at me. "Sandy's island."