Painful Recalling

(Jack's POV)

I felt lighter than a feather as I flew. I bumped into a few trees and laughed. I threw more snowballs than normal.

"WHOOO!" I laughed. "YEAH!" I rode the wind from one continent to another. I rested on a snow-covered mountian. I laughed to myself, watching a city not to far from the mountain. "Today feels... wonderful." I pushed myself onto my back and slid down to a tree. I smiled as I watched snow fall.

"Enjoying your day?"

I jumped onto my feet pointing my staff around. "Only you like cowards, show yourself Pitch!"

He laughed and I swung around, pointing my staff at him.

Pitch smirked. "What do you remember Frost?"

I glared at him. "You showed up two years ago and vanished again. You probably have some sort of plan by now."

He smiled. "Anything before that?"

My eyes narrowed. "What?"

He shook his head slowly. "Jack... Wake up."

My eyes widened as I felt a sharp pain in my head. I grunted as I held my head.

He smirked as I heard a girl say, "Jack, please! Wake up..."

I fell onto my knees as the pain increased. Closing my eyes and grinding my teeth I could feel something painfully trying to return. "Stop it! Stop it!"

He laughed. "You must remember."

"Jack!"

Like a flash, I saw a pair of red eyes. They weren't menacing, simply beautiful like a jewel. They were gone and all I could see was darkness.

(Reader's POV)

I waited for Jack to come, remembering what happened the night before. I wanted to see if maybe she was something like Jack was. After all he was a boy that could fly and she was a girl with wings. I sighed to myself, trying to remember it clearly so I could describe it to Jack just as well as I saw it.

Like clockwork, Jack arrived in exactly ten minutes. He smiled as he knocked on the window. I opened the window.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hi." He smiled, but seemed strangely paler than usual. He looked down at the floor then at me. "Ready to go?"

I looked out the window, then at Jack. "I think we should stay here."

He blinked. "Why?"

I sat down on my bed. "Jack... I was kind of scared last night."

He quickly sat next to me. "What happened?"

"There was a girl here last night."

He smiled. "Her name is (_your name_)."

I grinned. "I meant on the tree past the one in front of mine."

"Oh." His brows furrowed, looking out the window. "Did she hurt you?"

I shook my head. "No. She just... stared at me."

Jack looked at me.

I continued, trying my best to remember the event vividly. "She was crying as she stared me. She had red eyes and very big, beautiful wings."

Jack was frozen when I looked at him. He grunted a bit and shook his head softly. He took a deep breath. "Did she have a long red scarf?"

"Yeah."

He looked down at the floor with heavy eyes. "She won't hurt you."

I blinked. "You know her?"

Jack nodded. "Her name is Cupid. She--" His eyes closed tightly and he held a hand up to his head. "I don't fully remember but she and I met once before."

"Why can't you remember?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "She might have done something I guess." His eyes widened.

"What is it?"

His brows furrowed for a moment and then he looked at me. He smiled. "Can I stay the night?"

"Uh..." I looked away blushing. "Yeah." I grinned.

Jack placed his staff in the corner of my room and lied down on my bed, smiling. "This bed is pretty comfortable."

"I guess." I shrugged and sat on the other side of the bed.

Jack lied on his side and looked at me. "Aren't you going to sleep?" He smirked.

 "Yeah." I grinned and quickly lied beside him.

His eyes looked heavy as he lightly poked my cheek. "Can we go on our date tomorrow for sure?"

"Yes." I continued grinning.

He smiled and gently lowered his eyelids.

I felt my own eyelids become heavier.

Jack placed a cool hand on my cheek. "(_your name_)."

"Yes?" My eyes opened slightly.

"I know this might be taking it too far or too fast. But please forgive me." Jack pulled me closer to him and kissed me, cupping my head.

We pulled back, locking eyes.

Jack kissed my cheek and pressed his body against mine. "You don't have to be afraid of anything when you're with me. Forget Cupid. I'll always protect you. If you're with me everything will be just fine."