Don't Run

(A/N sorry guys this is the last chapter)

~8 months later~

The bath overflowed,

Water dripping onto the white tiles.

Drip

Drip

Drip

Emotions overflowing,

Water dripping from my eyes onto the White tiles.

Drip

Drip

Drip

'Unknown Number'  is calling:

accept ✖️      decline ✔️

'Unknown'

Unknown to my phone,

Unknown to me.

I know it's you Phil,

I know it is.

I know you're calling to ask me what's wrong.

You have one new voicemail:
Press 1 to view voicemail.

"Dan, where are you? I haven't heard from you since I introduced you to Linda. Is there something wrong? You know I still care for you right? I still love you."

You hesitated.

"I want you to know, you mean the world to me and I've been trying to replace you with Linda for so long. Because that's what I thought I needed. I though I needed a wife, I needed to settle down get a proper job, leave behind my teenage years, that included you. But I've realised that all that you are is all that I'll ever need, I'm sorry dan. I'm s-so sorry. Please answer my calls, I n-need my best friend back."

You hiccuped as your voice shook.

You were crying.

"That's it I guess b-bye dan"

My heart ached for you,

You sounded so broken, so fragile.

How?

When did you fall apart?

When did you feel pressured to settle down?

How were you able to look so strong when in reality you felt worse then me?

Phil?

What on earth did you mean by "bye dan"

My hands rushed to my phone dialling the number that was held so close to my memory.

Beep beep bee-

God dammit Phil.

Don't run from me.

I need you too.

THE END

A/N okay guys first things first:

THERE IS AN EPILOGUE COMING THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING (so don't stress if you don't get what happened)

THERES A SQUEAL, ITS CALLED RAINDROPS AROUND TOWN AND YES ITS ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED, YOU CAN READ THE FIRST CHAPTER. IVE ALSO FINISHED WRITING IT, SO UPDATES WILL BE VERY FREQUENT.