3

Frank was laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling; almost hypnotised. Thoughts ran through his head and they blocked out the sounds of Kourtney talking to her friends over the phone from the other room. Frank was in a good relationship with his family, they never really argue or get mad with each other. However, Frank has always felt different when he's with them. Sometimes Frank thinks its because he never spends time with them, especially when he was younger.

When Frank was younger, him and his sister would go to their uncles often as their parents had to work. It was okay, but Frank really wanted a family life. He wanted to actually spend time with his folks. However, he couldn't. It just wasn't possible.

Eventually, Frank and Kourtney's parents started to go on business trips as the company they were working for was expanding. Frank didn't think it was possible, but because of this Frank became even more distant from his parents.

When Frank was older, the business wasn't as big anymore and his parents didn't leave for trips as much. You would of thought that Frank would be overwhelmed with happiness at this point, happy that he could finally have that perfect relationship with his parents. But, he didn't. He didn't even try. Frank just stayed in his room and didn't talk to them much. He probably did this because he just gave up on them a long time ago and he just didn't want to try anymore. That's understandable.

Luckily, because of always being together, Frank and Kourtney are close. They're into the same music, superheroes, villains, animes, mangas, etc, they just have so much in common that it's impossible not to be close. Kourtney is only a year younger than Frank, so they have similar maturity levels.

At the moment, Frank was listening to his music through his headphones whilst thinking about what happened a few days ago.

Since the day him and Gerard met in Starbucks, Frank has constantly been thinking of the guy. He was just remembering how peculiar he was with his red mid length hair, swampy green eyes and outgoing personality. Frank was just contemplating that maybe the phrase: "I got dared to" was part of some pick up line that Gerard was using on Frank.
'I guess we'll never know.' Frank thought to himself.

Frank was called down for dinner and when he opened the dining room door he was greeted with his sister smiling and being pleased for herself for making something to eat.
I smiled back "this looks great Kourtney!" I praised, studying the well cooked spaghetti and meatballs. "When did you learn to make this?"
"Today actually," she began, walking to the kitchen counter and picking up a book, "I learned the recipe today."
I smiled again, "well it certainly looks delicious."
We both chuckled and took a place at the dining room table.

Halfway through the meal, Frank piped up.
"We shouldn't be following the household stereotypes." Frank stated, "I'm older than you, I should be cooking."
Kourtney laughed.
"Frank, I don't cook because I'm a woman, I cook because I enjoy cooking."
"What about cleaning the house?" He asked, "you do that too."
"Yeah because you don't get off your fat ass and get anything done. Jesus, you would of thought a man with a lot of free time would have time for some cleaning."
"Hey, I clean!" Frank stated, "I just tidy the house subtly. You know, do little bits at a time."
Kourtney rolled her eyes. "Whatever, frank."

Kourtney picked up hers and franks now empty plates and carried them to the sink.
"There is some cheesecake in the refrigerator if you want some, frank." She called, keeping her back to him as she cleaned the two dishes.
"No thanks, I'm stuffed." He said, "I'll have some later though."

Frank walked back to his room and sat on his bed. He looked over at a folded piece of paper on his bedside table.
"I think I should finally call him." Frank mumbled to himself, picking up and unfolding the piece of paper.
Frank placed the number in his phone and called Gerard.

Gerard picked up and him and frank started discussing when to go out, where to go and stuff like that. They also had some friendly chit chat to catch up with each other.