10

Starbucks was empty, almost empty anyway. The only customers in the store were three boys sitting on table 9, engaging in a deep and serious conversation. I say serious, but Nova was smiling in an almost psychotic manner. It was a smile that relates to insanity. A smile that Frank was, undoubtedly, a little afraid of.
But what scared Frank even more was that Gerard was once married to him. Frank never knew Gerard had already given his love to someone, had already dedicated his very heart and soul to a certain being that wasn't Frank.
'I'm just being selfish' thought Frank, trying to banish these jealous thoughts from his head.

"So Frankie," Nova began, sinisterly staring into Frank's mildly scared eyes, "What's it like dating this little ball of fun?"

"Erm..." Frank said blushing. "I-its fine." He whispered.

"Doubt it." Nova abruptly stated, beginning to eat the blueberry muffin that he recently bought. "He's not fun anymore."

"Just shut it, Nova." Gerard said, trying to be as calm as he could.
"Just tell me why you're here so I can resume my date with Frank."

"First off, how am I supposed to answer that question if you want me to 'shut it' and secondly I already told you. I'm just here to see my ex husband. Hope your little Frankie boy doesn't mind." Nova answered, aiming the last part to Frank.

Frank blushed more, not wanting to answer the question.

"No one just travels 40 miles from their home via train just to say hello to their ex. What do you want, Nova?"
Gerard snapped, no longer trying to hide his annoyance.

"Chillax gee-kun." Nova said, fakely getting defensive, "I'm here to see Frank."

Frank looked up, breaking the eye contact he was making from his latte.
"M-me?"

"Yes, you." Nova answered. "I heard you and Gerard were together and I wanted to see you two for myself."

"But, why?" Frank asked, gaining a little confidence from the curiosity building up inside him.

"I just wanted to see how much about himself Gerard has told you."

"Drop it Nova." Gerard growled through gritted teeth, almost squeezing his coffee cup too tight.

"Frank," Nova began, folding his arms onto the table and resting his head on them, "has Gerard told you about his drug addictions?"

Frank looked at Gerard, analysing the ashamed expression painted on his face.

"Or that he is/was an alcoholic?" Nova added.

The blush darkened in Gerard's face as he stared down at his lap, undoubtedly ashamed.

"Did he even tell you he was once married?" Nova chuckled and looked at Gerard. "I guess not."

The shop was silent and so were the boys. Thoughts ran through Frank's head whilst Gerard was staring at nothing. Nova clapped his hands, "well, I better be going." He started, before getting out of the booth. "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Frankie boy." He laughed, no hint of sorriness present on his face.