Chapter 38

Liam was holding a copy of his book, staring at the front cover. half his face sitting on the cover, and the other half of the text, giving it a feel.

Liam slowly flicked the front page open, Dylan and Louis running around the library giggling. Liam began to read the first page, his breath hitched and his lip quivering, his finger tips shaking as he held back the tears, dropping into a chair, his eyes darting over the pictures and drawings.

Louis placed Dylan in the children's section of the library and tracing his steps back to Liam, spotting the younger boy.

"Oh Li...give me that" he sighed gently taking the book, and crouching down to Liam's high, resting his hands on his thighs.

"You don't have to read it babe..." Louis reasured his fingers locking into Liam's. Liam's fingers clutched onto Louis' trying to stop himself from crying.

"If you wanna cry...cry it doesn't change who you are" He smiled, placing the book gently back on the table before helping Liam to his feet, bringing the boy closer, his arms locking onto Liam's hips.

"I'm proud of who you are Liam, and you don't have to change for me, you don't have to prove me anything because I'm already head over heels in love with you" he chuckled, cupping his cheeks in his soft palms.

"You need to always remember that if you need somebody to talk to...that's what I'm here for...I promise" he spoke, pulling an unopened envelope out of his back pocket.

"Don't open it until you feel comfortable..." Louis grinned, it was a letter Louis had written for Eleanor a few years back but never gave it to her, it was a letter he was to give to her before they married. He found it in his back cupboard four days ago.

Liam smiled slightly, pushing the envelope into his back pocket before being tucked out of the room by Dylan, the small boy rambling on about a book he wanted Liam to read him. Liam slipped down onto the floor, resting Dylan in his lap as he slowly began to read the book.

Louis was sitting in a coffee shop selling off copies of Liam's books to anybody who would take them, he wanted Liam's story to be out there to be heard, people who needed help could seek it. He wanted people to know, not everybody has a perfect life.

~~~~

Once they got home Liam slipped outside with the tiny envelope, slipping down into the long tall grass out the back of their small home, his bright brown eyes taking a few minutes to just scan the blue sky for a bit, before he tore the envelope open gently, bringing out the unneat hand written letter.

'To My Lover.

I don't know how to start this so I guess, ah I love you? Anyway I wrote alittle something for you.

Your hand fits in mine

Like it's made just for me

But bear this in mind

It was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots

With the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved

The crinkles by your eyes when you smile

You've never loved

Your stomach or your thighs

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if I do, it's you,

Oh it's you,

They add up to

I'm in love with you,

And all these little things

You can't go to bed,

Without a cup of tea,

And maybe that's the reason

That you talk, in your sleep

And all those conversations

Are the secrets that I keep

Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape

You never want to know how much you weigh

You still have to squeeze into your jeans

But,

You're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

But if it's true,

It's you,

It's you,

They add up to

I'm in love with you,

And all these little things

You'll never love yourself

Half as much as I love you

You'll never treat yourself right, darlin'

But I want you to,

If I let you know, I'm here for you,

Maybe you'll love yourself,

Like I love you

Oh

And I've just let these little things

Slip, out of my mouth,

'Cause it's you, oh it's you,

It's you,

They add up to

And I'm in love with you,

And all these little things,

I won't let these little things

Slip, out of my mouth,

But if it's true,

It's you, it's you,

They add up to,

I'm in love with you,

And all your little things

Ah oh gosh...get me to sing it to you next time love.

Love Louis'

Liam coudn't help but fly out of the tall grass and rush over to Louis who was hanging the washing out.

"Stop being so perfect" Liam cried out, tossing his arms around the older boys neck, and connecting their lips gently.

"Stop being so perfect" he muttered again.

"I love you" Liam grinned, he hadn't even realized that they were both now lying in the grass, after Louis stumbled back. Louis let out a slight chuckled as he held Liam's waist.

"I love you more babe...you little inspiration"

________

Guys I had to add little things it makes me cry so?

I went threw a bin for a one direction receipt for chances to win tickets... Don't judge me.

I love you all.

I'm going to make Liam's book cover and add it on the side >>>>

10+ comments

~KahliaPayne