Chapter 41

Liam was wandering the crowded streets with Dylan's hand locked tightly in his, the rain falling once again in the Doncaster town.

He slipped into a small shop, his arms getting goosebumps from the sudden change of warmth.

He smiled, pulling his gloves off as he unzipped Dylan's jacket, letting him wander around the clothing store.

He felt the gaze of the older lady watching him as he shuffled through the clothing, looking at the gray vest Louis had requested he wear on their special day.

Liam pulled the vest off the rack, bringing it up to his chest to measure the length, he rested the coathanger on his wrist as he went back to searching the surround racks.

Eventually he found a few in his size he wandered over to the desk, smiling awkwardly as he requested a changing room.

Liam stepped into the thin changing room, the vests hanging over the changing room wall. He began to try on the vests, scrunching his nose up, when he looked at his figure in the mirror.

He sighed as he took the final one off its coat hanger. He pushed his arms through the right areas before zipping it up.

He glanced into the mirror, turning on different angles as he studied the vest. A smile pulled up on his lips. He gently shrugged it off, placing it back on the hanger before he rested it over the door, putting it aside from the others.

He heard giggling coming from the otherside of the door, before two shoes appeared under the small gap between the ground and door.

"I can see you Dylan" he cooed, unlocking the door as he saw the young boy bolt off to hide in the changing room beside his, loud giggles leaving the door.

"Dylan." Liam cooed, pushing the door open, before scooping the two year old up and zooming him down the hallway, bringing his vest off the door and zooming back to the front counter.

"You wouldn't have the matching bottoms by any chance?" Liam asked, resting Dylan on his hip.

"I shall have a look for you" she smiled, before disappearing behind a thin door.

She reappeared around five minutes later with the trousers, placing them neatly folded on top of the vest.

"Is that all for today?" She asked, scanning the items. Liam slipped his card into the small machine, tapping his pin.

"Yeah that's all." He smiled glancing at the slim old lady as he took the bag, passing it to Dylan who was now holding a handful of Liam's hair.

"Who is the lucky lady?" She asked, scribbling her signature onto the receipt.

"Lucky Boy" Liam corrected blushing slightly.

"Oh. I had a young girl come in here a week ago or so, looking for a dress for her brothers wedding. She told me he was marrying a young boy. I think it's lovely." She smiled, helping Dylan get the lid off his cup.

"Really? That's cute" Liam cooed, boucing Dylan slightly, before checking his watch. Yes Louis had brought him a watch.

"Oh sh-suger. I better be going, I had a place I was met to be fifteen minutes ago" he blushed, giving the older lady a slight wave before stepping out into the cold walk paths again.

He wandered down the footpath, fixing Dylan's beanie.

He slipped into a coffee shop, smell the familiar scent of the coffee beans and sweet suger.He caught glance of Louis sitting by the window, watching the people wander past as he tapped his fingers on the top of his coffee cup, his beanie and gloves sitting on the table.

Liam smiled placing Dylan on the floor and taking his hand before wandering over to the table, slipping into the old blue booth beside Louis.

"Hey Lou" Liam spoke. Louis jumped, his eyes shooting around to catch the glance of Liam.

"Oh hey Li... Dd you get what you were looking for?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Of course, I always get what I am looking for" Liam smiled, leaning back into the booth.

Dylan had crawled inbetween the two, still clutching the bag like he had promised.

"Your just trying to max out my credit card" Louis chuckled, ruffling up Dylan's hair as he listened to him bang his legs against the wooden planks.

"I am not" Liam protested, crossing his arms with a pout on his lips.

"I'm kidding, geez Li you get so pouty" Louis cooed patting his thigh before standing up.

"It's been reported that we are going to have a snow blizzard in about an hour, so I guess we should be getting home" Louis sighed, pulling his gloves and beanie back on before handing Liam the half empty coffee cup.

"Come on Dylan you little hype" Louis chuckled taking his hand as he slipped outside into the bitterly cold weather. It didn't take them to long to get to the car. Louis strapped Dylan in as Liam slipped into the passanger seat.

"Jesus it got cold quickly" Liam shivered switching the heater on.

"You put to many layers on today, the heat just can't get though" Louis joked.

"That's the worst one yet" Liam chuckled.

"I tried. I'm no pro" Louis said, beginning the drive back home.

Liam laughed. Turning around to glance at Dylan.

"Don't laugh at me!" Louis huffed, pouting out his lip.

"And you say I'm childish" Liam laughed.

_______

I made this chapter better!

-KahliaPayne

10+ comments