Chapter 13

Lucy couldn't believe her eyes, of all times to come back into her life why was he here now? It has been one lonely year since he vanished from her life, why show up now? She opened the door a little wider, enough so her body was showing. "After a year of no call, no text, not even a letter on where you were going. You think the best time to show up is now, are you stupid? Sting, what are you doing here?"

Sting felt how much Lucy despised him. How could she not, he left her without any sort of reassurance on where he went. He just left her, and he was feeling the amount of pain she flt until she got over him. "Look Lucy, I know I messed up." He started off looking at the ground, bouncing around trying to warm his body. It was beginning to snow again, it was 10 degrees below Fahrenheit. "I know I messed up big time, by not telling you where I was going. And that's the thing, I couldn't tell you. Each day that went by without telling you what was happening made me scared. Thinking that you would being to loath me, despise me. Just from your eyes I can see that you do. Please give me a chance to explain." Sting begged. Hoping that Lucy would give him the opportunity to tell her what he felt. 

Lucy put her head against the door, thinking to herself what was she going to do. She began thinking what would Natsu do if he thought anything other than what it really was. Her brain was telling her to do it, but her heart was telling her not to. She thought maybe it was just a broken heart trying to save itself again. She let out a sigh and opened the door even more. "Come in." She looked at the time. Natsu would be home in an hour and a half. It was plenty of time to hear what he had to say and leave. 

Sting looked to Lucy like she was an angel. "Thank you Lucy!" He walked right in and took off his shoes. He remembers the procedure, since they were together for 3 years. He did notice the shoes that weren't Lucy's. Possible the male that left her house earlier. Sting began to wonder why he might have his shoes here. He brushed the thought off and continued to the living room, where Lucy was already sitting. 

Lucy had a pot of coffee out, "would you like some coffee?" She asked. 

"Yes, 2 sugars no cream." Sting mentions. He wondered if Lucy forgot the way he liked his coffee? It had been a year, but then again, maybe she didn't forget. He took a seat on the couch in front of her.

"I remember," Lucy tells him, making his cup. She never forgot, although she would have liked too. She placed the sugars in his cup and slid the cup to him. 

"Thank you," He hold the cup in his hands first trying to warm them. He took a sip and felt the warmth radiant from the cup and on to his lips. The black liquid going down his throat and into his stomach. He hummed in enjoyment. "You always did make the best coffee."

Lucy crossed her legs and sat up right, "What do you want Sting."Lucy wanted to know why he just left. She wanted answers.

Sting put his coffee cup carefully down on the glass coffee table. "Lucy I went away because I was being threatened. The people who were threatening me, was the Sabertooth gang. They thought I owed them money, and they said they would kill anyone I had contact with. So I became distant from you, to protect you. That's all I ever wanted. When things began to get really bad, I had to leave town. If I didn't tell anyone where I was going, no one would be hurt for information." He looked at the ground. "You have to understand Lucy I did all of this because I love you."

Lucy heard these words and didn't know what to do. Her heart was with him and she doesn't know if she would ever get over it. Her heart now belongs with Natsu, even though he just barely admits it. "You don't understand how much shit you put me through."

Sting looked down at  his hands, "I know. I know. I have hurt you. But please Lucy understand what I am telling you. I came back so your mind could be at ease. We could rekindle what we once had. I know I don't deserve it but I am asking you, to at least consider it."