Chapter 17

Natsu carefully crawled out of Lucy's comfortable bed, making sure he wouldn't wake her. He quickly put his underwear on and tried looking for his box of clothes in the dark. They decided to put all of Natsu's belongings in a secluded area in her room, so Jude wouldn't find them, if he searched her room. Jude was adamant about the idea of Natsu and his daughter being together, he didn't fail to let Natsu know either. 

Natsu glanced up at the clock, 5:30 a.m. "Fuck," Natsu whispered. Jude normally woke up around that time, so now Natsu was going to have to be extra careful not to draw any unwanted attention to Lucy's room.

Natsu heard Lucy rustle underneath the sheets. He paused and held his breath, he froze like he had just been caught shoplifting and all lights were on him. He prayed that he didn't wake her up. When she rolled back over, he silently rejoiced.  He headed towards the bathroom, careful not to trip on anything. Shoes in the middle of the walk way caused him to trip on them and fall to the floor. When he tried to catch himself on her dresser, he only took some things down with him. Finally, he landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"Fuck," Natsu silently cursed himself.

"Natsu?" Lucy tiredly called out to him.

He stood to his feet, his gaze met his lovers. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, the fall had woken her from her rest. "Sorry I woke you." He softly said as he walked to her and leaned to capture her lips in his.

She breathed him in and grabbed his rosey pink hair in her fingers, his lips fit perfectly in hers. "Good morning to you too," She bit her lip.

"Lucy is everything ok?" Jude called, coming up the stairs.

Natsu and Lucy's face dropped in panic. Natsu scrambled to pick his clothes from the floor, during the process he hit his toe on the corner of Lucy's bed. "Fuck me!" He quietly cried in pain.

"I can arrange that." Lucy added, smiling at his misfortune.

"Now is not the time." He told her, still cringing in pain. They heard his footsteps growing louder. Lucy jumped out of bed, trying to find some clothes to put on. 

"Lucy are you ok?" Jude called again, his voice got closer to her door.

"Yeah dad, I am fine. I just tripped on my shoes." Lucy said, she quickly put on a shirt, covering her exposed chest. 

"Please be careful." He said through her door. "Lucy would you let me in, there is something I would like to discuss with you before you start your day."

Natsu looked at Lucy in panic. He could have either, went outside half naked and risk someone seeing him, or, hide in her room and pray Jude wouldn't find him. Without thinking, he dove under her bed, and took his clothes and shoes with him. 

"Yeah I will be right there," Lucy put on a pair of shorts and strolled over to the door. She kicked more of Natsu's belongings under the bed, he scrambled to hide them from eye sight. She turned on her room light and opened the door.

Natsu realized that he had forgotten his scarf on her bed. "Fuck!" He silently facepalmed.

"I am sorry if I woke you up from my fall." She apologized, she thought of how ridiculous Natsu was, and smiled.

Jude brushed off her apology. "You are my daughter, it is my job to worry about you, no matter how clumsy you may be. It is my job to protect you." 

Natsu slightly laughed under her bed. Lucy isn't all that clumsy, he thought to himself.

"Please Lucy," He motioned for her to take a seat. "Sit, there is something I have been wanting to talk to you for a while." His voice was stern and serious. Lucy sat on on sit of the bed and Jude sat on the other. The bed dipped, pressing on Natsu head.