Chapter 4

(TRIGGER WARNING: self harm)

Natsu had gone into a deep depression, first his mother, now his brother, what else could that man possibly take from him. He had no one: lost all of his friends, almost dropped out of high school, he had no future. Everything he had worked so hard to build was torn down, burned and had the ashes danced upon.

He went into his room, avoiding his father's wrath, digging under his bed for a certain photo. He felt the frame of it, grasping ahold of the picture he brought it to the surface. He weakly smiled, a tear escaping his eyes, quite sobs were finding there way out of his mouth. The picture was of him, his brother and his mother. They were all smiling, the picture was taken a few days before she died, man was she stunning.

Natsu let out more weeps, he couldn't contain himself anymore, he broke down on the floor. Curling himself into a ball, that's all he can do. He cried for hours upon hours, until he was unable to cry anymore. He went under his pillow, reaching for the sharp object, feeling the structure of the pocket knife, he pulled it out. Admiring the black and white design on the handle, rotating it. Placing the sharp blade to his forearm, "I'm so sorry, I will see you guys soon." He began to slice himself, cut after cut, unable to stop until the crimson liquid dripped off of his arm. He passed out.

-x-

Waking up the next morning, rubbing the back of his head. He went to the bathroom to clean himself up, "another day in hell, great." He undressed himself, getting into the warm shower, scrubbing off the now dried blood on his arms. Letting the water hit his body as he stood there, thinking to himself. How does one person make it to wear you can't feel your own heart beat? Where you feel like nothing is in your chest, you are just a hollow shell, a torch waiting to be blown out. Why did you have to be born? Why? All these questions flowed through his mind. He turned off the water, stepping out, observing himself in the mirror. He was built but also weak at the same time, exercising but won't eat at times. Looking at the clock, realizing he would be late for school, yet again. He didn't care at this point, there was no point.

He dressed himself in black slacks, a white dress shirt, a black bow tie. Feeling incomplete, he grabbed the scarf his brother gave him when he turned 14, a freshman, he was a senior now. Living 3 years in this hell hole, not being able to see the light of day. He wrapped the scarf around his neck, hiding his face in it, he left the house, not wanting to wake the sleeping man on the recliner. Took him 15 min to go to school.

He walked into the class room, all eyes where on him, he didn't care. Walking to his seat, he ended up getting tripped by none other than Laxus Dreyar.

"Watch where your going ass face." He snickers. His loyal friend Freed gave him a high five, watching as the spikey haired boy got up.

"Maybe I would if your foot wasn't up Freed's ass all the time, I could have a more clear walk way." Natsu shot back.

"You little-"

"Stop it both of you, or you both could see principle Makarov." Ms. Mira states. "Laxus, I know you wouldn't want to see your granddad would you?"

"Tch, whatever." Laxus shoots back.

The class continued as usual, until she showed up. Natsu has seen her around school a couple time, but why is she in this class? Ms. Mira points to the open seat right next to him, oh lovely, just fucking peachy, he thinks to himself. She takes a seat next to him, the first thing he notices is her boobs, which where huge, the biggest he has ever seen and he has seen a lot of big ones. Next was her golden blond hair, it flowed perfectly down her back, one piece of her hair was up high in a pony tail.