Chapter 16

As the night went on, laughs were shared, stories were shared. However Natsu couldn't shake the feeling of hostility coming from Jude. At moments when Lucy would laugh, Jude would intently stare at Natsu; not the good kind of staring either. Natsu first felt it at dinner, when Lucy turned her back for an instant. Jude hawk eyed Natsu. 

Although Natsu witnessed his stare and felt his hostility towards him, he never let off and indication to Lucy that there was a problem. Natsu was his normal self around both of them. However, the lingering voice of his father kept him from completely interacting with them.

What if, what if he knows where I am all the time. He just makes it seem that he doesn't, Natsu thought to himself. He knows that I have been spending most of my time with her. What if he tries to hurt her? Would I be able to kill him? Well of course I hate him, so that only makes sense that I want to kill him, but would I have the balls to actually do it?

Natsu was sitting on the couch as he thought about it. Lucy came into the room, trying to scare him from the rear of the couch. "Why are you here by yourself? You could have at least called for me to keep you company." She said with a smile.

Natsu looked at her and faintly smiled, but no words came with it. Lucy sat next to him, "whats wrong?" She asked with a sense of urgency. 

He sat back, and sighed. "Have you ever felt like, no matter where you go, you can't shake someones eyes? Like they are always watching, no matter how far you run."

"What's this about?" Lucy daringly took his hand into hers. 

"My father. He knew where I was. He knows all the time where I am. It's like I can't escape form him, no matter where I go." Natsu looked into her eyes. "I have never felt safe, until being with you. Even when I am with you now, something is jeopardizing my feeling of safety."

Lucy fell into Natsu's embrace, they held that position for a while. Both knew they weren't going to give the other up without a fight. Natsu still had this feeling of someone was always watching him. 

"So, when do you plan on going home?" Jude asked. 

Lucy jumped up, both Natsu and Lucy's eyes averted towards Jude's direction. Natsu looked at Lucy then back at Jude. They couldn't tell him that he lived there. "Umm." Was all that Natsu said.

"W-well, what t-time did you want him gone?" Lucy asked. 

Jude finished wiping the water off of his hands from doing the dishes. He glanced at his watch. "Seeing as how it is almost 11 at night, I would think it would be inappropriate for him to stay this late. I have to go to bed, so he can't be here." He said with a hint of spite. Lucy didn't detect it, but Natsu did.

The young couple looked at each other. "Ok, then I guess I will walk you to the door." Lucy sorrowfully told him. 

Natsu just shook his head, he glanced at Jude, who almost gave him a death glare. Natsu took Lucy's hand and headed towards the door. They went outside and closed the door, making sure that her father couldn't hear their conversation.

"That was weird, he normally doesn't do that to guys." Lucy said stunned. 

Natsu looked towards the street. "Maybe because he hates my guts."

Lucy strangely looked at him. "No, no he doesn't. He just hasn't got to know you, like how I have gotten to know you. He will come around, I promise."

Natsu looked towards his feet. "I don't know about you, but it felt like he hated me. He kept staring at me weird. I felt like he never wanted me to be in his house. When I said my name, my full name, he looked surprised. Like he has heard that name before, or he recognized it from somewhere before."

Lucy grabbed onto Natsu coat. "Don't forget, your father is the leader of the deadliest gang known to man. So he could have heard that name from somewhere."

Natsu rubbed his face in irritation, "this is complete bullshit. And another thing, where am I going to sleep? He pretty much just kicked me out of the house."

Lucy smiled at him, wrapped her arms around his neck. "Don't forget I have a window. If you wait thirty minutes, I guarantee there will be something waiting for you in the bedroom." She bit her bottom lip.

Natsu had an idea of what that meant, but he liked it when she said it. "So what does that mean? It could be a new guitar, or a box of pizza."

Lucy stood on her tiptoes to reach his ear. "I think you know what it means." She seductively whispered, sending chills down his spine.

"Can we start now?" He lustfully asked her. 

She bit her lip once more, then captured his lips. He wrapped his hands around her waste, pulling her in closer to him. Loving and lustful kissing turned into a makeout session, that only got rougher. He pushed Lucy to the outside wall of the house. Both breathing heavily, both desperately wanting the other's body. He snaked his hands up the back of Lucy's shirt, hopping to unlatch her bra.

The door swung opened. Natsu broke the kiss, both parties looked away. Lucy's cheeks immediately adopted a bright red color out of embarrassment. Jude crossed his arms over his chest and wiggled his mustache, a disappointed look came across his face. His silence was enough to make them uncomfortable. 

"Well umm, I should probably get inside." Lucy informed Natsu, as she stepped back towards the door.

"Oh yeah. It's cold out here. Wouldn't want you getting sick, yah know." Natsu awkwardly agreed.

Lucy turned awkwardly looked at her father, then turned to walk in the house. Jude slightly shifted to let his daughter in but continued to look at Natsu. He walked outside and let the door close behind him. 

"Good night, Mr. Heartfilia." Natsu sheepishly waved him goodbye. 

"Hold it, Mr. Dragneel." Jude stopped him. His arms were still crossed, but he walked down the porch step. "There is something I wanted to mention."

Natsu kept a reasonable distance. "What is it?"

"I know you love my daughter, I can see it in your eyes." He started. "Stay away from her."

Natsu curiously looked at Jude. "Wait, What?"

"I didn't stutter. But I will say it again, since I can see you are slow as well. Stay. Away. From. Lucy. Got it?" Jude spoke to him as if he were an idiot. "I know who you are, Mr. Dragneel. I have heard a lot about you from . . . a reliable source. You are weak. Only a man will be with my daughter. That man will be Sting Eucliffe."

"You realize that 'man' is a gang member!" Natsu raised his voice.

"And you are the son of the head of the snake, what makes you so special?" Jude hatefully asked.

Natsu turned his back to Jude and walked away. "You can't keep me from her." If only you knew what I would be doing to your daughter tonight.

"Watch me."