Chapter 8

After the incident at Lucy's house, she hasn't seen him in a month. He stopped going to school the day after Lucy tried to push the issue. She felt so bad that she couldn't address the situation. In trying to figure him out, she ended up pushing him away. Now, who knows when the next time she will see him again - or if she will ever see him again.

School is out for winter break and everyone is either; in doors or on vacation. The blonde is sitting in on a bench, waiting for a bus to come. The dark clouds covering the sky, no trace of sunlight. Her red mittens kept her hands from getting frost bite. She blew out, seeing her own breath. She wondered what Natsu was currently doing. Natsu. Thinking about the pink males name put a smile on her face. Maybe if things were different he would still be here, with her.

The bus finally came, she paid the driver and sat in her seat, looking out of the window. Thinking about her life, the people who have entered and left. The one person she didn't want to leave, left her in the dust. Sure she has plenty of friends - she is the captain of the cheer leading squad - she has Levy and Erza; who are both in a relationship. But she really wanted one to stay but he didn't. The bus shorty came to a halt. She thanked the driver for the trip and got off.

She sighed as she walked into the cemetery - the one her mother is buried at. She passes grave after grave; some where just a mere stone with little to no words, others were so kind to the dead. She went to the middle of the cemetery, there laid her mom. She sat in front of it, looking at the words engraved on the tombstone: LAYLA HEARTFILIA, CARING MOTHER and WIFE. Lucy gazed at the letters with compassion and hurt.

"Hey Mom, well looks like its going to be another lonely Christmas." She slightly chuckled to herself. Realizing she never really had both of her parents for the holidays. "I made it to senior year finally. It was hard work but I am second place out of the whole school. Levy is so smart, its sometimes hard to believe who her boyfriend is, but he makes her happy." The thought of Natsu appears in her head. "I did meet someone. His name is Natsu, he is very interesting I can say that. I wish you were her to be with me, I miss you so much. It's so lonely without you." She looks up for a second wiping a falling tear. She sees a pink haired male laying in front of two grave stones, rows down from the one she is currently sitting in front of.

Natsu has been at the gave sight for hours, staring at his mothers and his brothers grave. Wanting them desperately. He doesn't want to go to school. He started developing feelings for Lucy and he couldn't let her in. He sits up right, picking at the grass. "Why did you guys have to leave me?" He asks the same question over and over again. "You know we could have left, when we were young. But we waited to late. I just want to be with you guys again." He cries out. Letting tears flood over and pour out of his eyes. "It is just so lonely without you. I know I have been talking to you about this girl. But I cut ties with her. She doesn't need to get involved with what its like."

"Your here visiting too?" The sweet voice, almost angel like, calls from behind him. He instantly recognizes the voice, wiping away his tear fast. Why is she here? Is she visiting someone too? He looks up to see the overly dressed girl standing behind him, waiting for permission to come closer. He looked back at the grave. He listens as her steps grow louder, then she sits next to him. They sat in quite, just enjoying the company of one another.

"Luce," He softly say. She hums in response. He doesn't take his eyes off the grave, internally conflicted on whether or not he should just tell her about his deceased family members. He sighs, "This is my mother and my brother." He points at the grave stones that are side by side. Something internally was punching him, telling him to tell her, to just be open and honest with her.

Lucy smiles, "Its nice to meet the both of you." She looks at Natsu, who is struggling to fight the tears. Maybe this was another opportunity, she didn't want it to turn out like how it turned out a month ago, but the unease was eating her alive. "What happened to them?" She softly asks.