Chapter Twenty-One: The Only Prayer I Need to Make Me Feel Blessed

PATRICK'S POV------

I hear a noise, which makes my head snap up. I see her eyelashes fluttering, and a huge beam dances onto my face.

"Cor, babe, you can do it! Come on, please? Pretty please with sprinkles on top?" I ask hopefully, and it works.

"Patrick..." she mumbles, and I quickly remove the oxygen mask to kiss those luscious lips of hers.

"Babe, please, don't ever leave me again," I smile when I pull away, replacing the mask. She nods slightly, a sleepy smile on her face. God, even in a hospital, she's adorable.

"Guys! She's awake!" I exclaim into the hall, and Andy and Pete come running in, the others off getting food or something.

"Oh my God, Cor, you scared me so much," Andy says, hugging her body to his. "Don't ever do this again."

"I'm glad you're okay, kid, is what I'm trying to say," Andy continues, and she returns a softer version of his smile. I swear, they're so much alike that it's not even funny.

"Glad you're back, you had us scared for a while there," Pete grins, and she shrugs, like 'deal with it', smirking.

"Patrick, do you want some food?" Pete asks, and when I shake my head no, they leave us be, walking to the cafeteria.

I clasp her hand in mine, and she smiles at me, her eyelashes fluttering slightly.

"You can go to sleep, it's okay," I say quietly, and she shakes her head, sightly removing the oxygen mask.

"I don't want to miss anything," she says quietly, her voice slightly hoarse. I let out a soft laugh, and she smiles.

"I missed that," she says, and I press a kiss to her cheek.

"You know, that song was really beautiful," she continues, and I look at her in astonishment.

"You-you heard that?" I ask, and she nods slightly. "I...it was only a draft, and it wasn't even that good-"

"Oh, shut up," she smiles, getting some of her energy back. "It was amazing, okay? There's a reason your band is super successful." The woman has a point.

----Timeskip three days----

"Man, it feels so good to be back on this bus," she smiles, and my heart melts at the sight of my beautiful girlfriend happy. She puts her stuff back under her bunk, crawling into it to sleep for a while.

"'Trick?" she asks right as I go to walk away.

"Mhm?" I respond, and I hear the rustling of sheets.

"Come cuddle with me."

I let out a laugh, and climb into her bunk, pressing my lips to her cheek. She scrunches up her nose in response, which is so adorable. I swear, this girl might give me a heart attack one day.

"You know I love you, right?" I ask as I wind my arms around her waist, her favorite way to be held.

"Mhm," she hums, tucking her head into my chest while tangling our legs together. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yep," I smile, and drift off into a peaceful sleep with her in my arms.

At the show that night, I decide to do something for her.

"Okay, this next song is for someone special," I say into the mic, Pete surprised at me taking initiative. "Her name is Coraline Hurley, and, as most of you probably know, she attempted suicide."

----CORALINE'S POV----

What the hell is he doing? I think to myself, shaking my head but smiling. He looks side-stage, at me, and winks.