Chapter Twenty-Two: Promise Me a Place in Your House of Memories

This is it.

The last day of tour.

The final dance, literally and figuratively.

As the lights come up and Twenty One Pilots start their set, I'm sitting sidestage, a feeling of pride and sadness mixing in my chest, making me want to cry and shout along to the music. So, I do.

Everything is dead silent, and Tyler is starting the piano intro to Trees, when suddenly, someone shouts something that makes tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"You saved my life!"

"They saved mine, too," I say quietly, and don't even bother to wipe the tears from my cheeks.

"I know where you stand, silent in the trees," Tyler sings, a different voice joining in in my ear and wrapping its arms around me.

"Sorry, I just got a little caught up in the moment there," I smile, wiping tears from my eyes and praying that my makeup stayed.

"Hey, Princess, it's alright. Nobody's ever perfectly okay right after an attempt-I know that personally. So go ahead-be caught up in the moment. Make memories. Be alive," Patrick says, and I give a small smile, he and I swaying along to the music.

"I want to know you

I want to see

I want to say..."

"Hello," Patrick sings quietly, resting his head on top of mine. Before we know it, the song is over, and they're starting Tear in My Heart.

"The songs on the radio are okay," I sing, grinning and giggling.

"But my taste in music is your face!" Patrick sings back, and we start jumping around like the crowd.

About halfway through Panic's set, Patrick says he'll have to go in a few minutes, and I nod. Suddenly, they start LA Devotee, and I gasp.

"This is my favorite, babe! Dance with me," I smile, and he laughs.

"Okay, sure," he grins, and I take his hands in mine.

We jump around and twirl the whole song, just having fun. Suddenly, Pete ruins it by taking Patrick back to the dressing rooms.

"You guys really love each other, huh?" Tyler asks me, and I nod, grinning, my face slightly flushed.

"Yeah, I find it amazing that he's still with me," I say, and Tyler laughs.

"When are you going to realize that you're an amazing person?" he asks, and I look back, confused.

"Oh, come on. Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Tyler scoffs. "He looks at you like you're some sort of goddess, Cor. Which, in his eyes, you are. He's completely infatuated with you."

"He is not," I blush, and right about then, the guys walk up to us.

"Good luck," I smile, kissing Patrick's cheek as Panic! run off, wishing everyone a good night.

"Thanks," he smiles, pressing a kiss to my lips before he has to run onstage.

----Timeskip----

I do my last turn as the music fades, beaming and breathing heavily, one fist raised in the air. I walk down to Andy as the lights go down for a second, hugging him before running offstage to get ready. I change into a tank top and shorts, standing sidestage with the others.

"Okay! This next song is going to be pretty special," Pete says, and the crowd erupts. "One, because it's acoustic, and two...well, you'll see! Come on out, guys!"

We run onstage, sitting in a circle in front of Patrick, Pete, and Joe, who are on stools. I smile at Patrick, and he winks as he starts to strum.

"Last year's wishes are this year's apologies, every last time I come home."

The guys and I start joking around, at one point slinging our arms over each others shoulders and swaying to the music, making Pete laugh. Coincidentally, Josh and I both rest our heads on our hands and give Patrick and adoring look, bursting out laughing when he looks at us.

By the end of the song we're all laughing, making the three above us giggle.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Patrick laughs, "you've just witnessed something amazing."

After an encore of Saturday, the show is over, and we all walk onstage, holding hands. We take a final bow, but end up laughing at the seriousness.

"Thank you guys! This has been the best Zummer ever!" Pete shouts into the mic, and the crowd erupts. We run off, and end up in a group by the busses.

"I might just cry," I say, wiping my eyes, and everyone "Awww"s. "Seriously, you guys are like family. Thank you all, so, so much." I smile, and Brendon is the first to crush me in a hug. Then Patrick joins in, and then everyone piles on until we're lying on the ground, laughing.

When we arrive at the airport, we don't have to wait long for our plane. As it takes off, I plug my earbuds into my phone, and drift off to sleep on Patrick's shoulder, to a soundtrack of Oh Wonder.

----PATRICK'S POV----

I look over, and find my beautiful girlfriend fast asleep on my shoulder. I smile softly, and rest my head on hers to try to sleep.

"Goodnight, Sugar," I say quietly, before slipping into sleep.

----

"Hey, wake up," I say quietly, gently shaking Coraline. Her eyes flutter open, and she groans quietly.

"How long was I alseep?" she asks groggily as the plane hits the runway.

"About an hour. C'mon, home's waiting," I smile, and a few minutes later, we're in a cab, having said goodbye to the others.

She almost falls alseep again, but I decide to keep her awake. When we get to the apartment, we drop our stuff on the floor, she just takes off her pants and bra, and snuggles into the covers.

"G'night, Sweetheart. I love you," I smile, kissing the crown of her head. She smiles sleepily, hums an "I love you too", and snuggles into me to sleep.

Damn, I'm one lucky guy, aren't I?

A/N

Damn DOAB is so good y'all