Chapter Thirty-One: One Dance

Oh my God.

Patrick Stump is proposing to me. ME.

My hands fly up over my mouth, and tears fill my eyes as I nod, beaming, since I can't seem to speak right now. He slips the ring onto my finger, beaming, and as he stands up, I jump into his arms. He kisses me softly, and I smile, laughing as he spins me around.

"I love you so much," I smile, keeping my arms around his neck as he sets me down, "it's unreal."

"I love you so much more," he says softly, rubbing our noses together, and my smile widens as we sway around the gazebo to no music at all, just dancing to the beat of our hearts.

When we get home, I slip into an old T-shirt and underwear, and Patrick does the same as I climb into bed. I scroll through Instagram for a while, looking at the posts of people that I either know or admire, until Patrick hums and moves down to rest his head on my tummy.

"Is that comfortable?" I ask, laughing softly, and he nods sleepily, rucking up my shirt with his nose and laying his head on the bare skin. He kisses right above my belly button, and I smile, running my fingers through his hair as I put my phone away.

"I can't believe we're getting married," I sigh happily, and he smiles softly, hugging me around the hips.

"Get some rest, Patrick. You're tired," I say quietly, reaching over to turn off the lamp, and he nods, adjusting his position so I can lie down.

"Mm, g'night, baby girl," he mutters, pressing tired kisses to my stomach, and I laugh softly, running my hand through his messy hair.

"Good night, baby boy."

----------------------------

When I wake up the next morning, Patrick's arms are around me from behind, his nose tucked into the crook of my neck. He seems to already be awake, because he smiles, curling up even closer to me.

"G'morning, love," he smiles, and I smile softly, rolling over and tucking my head into his chest. I repeat the phrase back to him, and I feel a hum rumble through his chest as he wakes up.

"When do you want to tell everyone?" I ask, and he shrugs, unplugging his phone and pulling it over to us.

"How about now?"

"Patrick..." I mutter, self-conscious about my appearance at that moment.

"Baby, you look beautiful," he says softly, and I sigh, sitting up and combing through my hair with my fingers.

"'Ight, let's do this," I laugh, and he laughs, sitting up beside me. I press my lips to his temple, squishing his cheek with my left hand, and he smiles bigger than I think he ever has. He doesn't look at the picture, just posts it to Twitter with the caption "Mrs. Stump." I blush, saving it. It really is a nice picture of us, so I make it my lockscreen, a picture of everyone that was on the summer tour with us being my home screen.

I post it to Instagram as well, with the same caption, and comments start to flood in, most nice, but there were some negative ones in there. I don't really care; we're happy, and that's all that matters.

"What do you want to do today?" Patrick asks, and I shrug, lying back down with him.

"I don't know. As long as I'm with you, I'm good."