seven

...
{cameron's pov}
...

two weeks later

I opened my window and stepped outside. I carefully crossed the roof going to Breanna's side. I knocked three times on her window waiting for her reply.

This was what happened during these last two weeks except during the weekends. In class, I ask her for a pen but I always forget to give it back to her, so I do this every night.

Our conversations are always short. They're always just a thank you and a see you tomorrow. Unfortunately.

I saw the light of her room turning on and her face quickly appeared when she opened the curtains. When she opened the window, the moonlight hit her face making me observe her. She looked tired and had bags under her eyes. She looked exactly like two weeks ago when we talked sitting on the roof.

"Here's your pen." I said handing it to her and she gave me a small smile.

"Thank you. So see you tomorrow." She said taking the pen of my hand.

"Yeah see you tomorrow..." I said slowly.

I saw her stepping back to close the window but I know that something's wrong.

"Do you wanna talk ?" I asked kinda anxious for her answer.

She looked at me and then looked around her room. She took one more step back and closed the window.
Well, I think I'm gonna take that as a no.

I turned around getting ready to go back inside my room when I heard noise.

"Where are you going ?" I heard her voice saying.

"I guessed you didn't want to talk..." I said shrugging.

"I just went to lock my door." She said chuckling a little. "But you can go if you want."

"No, no way, I'm staying."

We went to the same spot, sitting down.

"So what happened ?" I asked looking at her face but she never looked back.

"The same as last week." She replied bringing her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around and resting her chin over them.

"Try to don't think about it."

"It's hard Cameron."

"Let me help you." I said making her look at me. "Tell me more about you."

"I don't really have that much to talk about." She said shaking her head smiling.

"Oh come on. Like, tell me something that you like to do, tell me your talents."

"I don't have any talent. I only do shit."

"That's impossible!"

"Believe me, this summer I even went to the prison station." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Keep it going..."

"It wasn't nothing out of this world, I threw a party that ended a little too loud and someone called the police." She said and then looked at me and laughed probably because of my face. "The positive part was that I found a guy there, pretty interesting but I never saw him again, unfortunately."

"That's a nice story." I replied laughing a little.

"And you ?" She asked this time.

"I didn't go to the prison station." I said confused.

"No." She said prolonging the o. "I meant, what's your talent ? What you like to do ?"

"I don't know if it's a talent but I love painting."

"Are you serious ?" She asked releasing her legs, turning all her body to me.

"Yeah, I mean I try..."

"What type of paints you make ?"

"I normally paint people, bodies...you know..." I explained stretching the back of my neck not exactly explaining what I paint.

"Can you paint me someday ?" She asked looking at me really in the eyes.

"I don't know, I-I-I..."

"Please..." She said making a puppy face.

I saw her excited with the idea and I know that she has been through difficult moments, so I couldn't say no.

"Okay." I said giving up.

"Yes!" She said hugging me.

I have to admit that caught me out off guard. I felt her tense and she quickly pulled back.

"I'm sorry, I guess I got a little too excited." She said blushing a little.

This is cute. First time I saw her, my first thought was the she was maybe a little cold, that type of person that gives everyone the image of a bad girl. But no, she's actually fragile and mysterious and that's slowly captivating me.

"It's okay, don't worry. It was just a hug. I have to admit that I kinda liked." I said looking at her smiling and she hit my arm playfully, laughing.

"Well." She said getting up. "I guess, I'm going back to my room."

"Yeah me too." I said getting up as well.

"So see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

She took some steps back, rubbing her hands on her legs. I watched her until she got into the room and closed the window.
I turned around and walked into mine. I closed the window and the curtains, turning around to see Aaron looking at me.

"You took more time today." Aaron said raising his eyebrows, smirking a little.

"Shut up dude." I said sitting on my bed.

"What happened ?"

"We had a little talk just that..."

"What you talked about ?" He asked closing the laptop.

"Oh God..." I said laughing. "Well, she told me about the prison station thing."

"Seriously? Did you told her ?"

"No..." I replied shaking my head.

"What ? You're a freaking loser!"

"Fuck you!" I said throwing a pillow at him.

"You're a loser dude. You've been talking about her since summer, you've been asking for a pen the whole week just to talk with her and now you had the perfect opportunity and nothing."

"I'll tell her but just not now."

"I don't know why but then don't start complaining about how you can't get a date!"

"I have this controlled."

"Whatever you say." He said raising his hands up.

...