Chapter 3 PT 2: Hennessy's a Girls bestfriend

Cyn POV

I take one last pull on the spliff before tossing it out the window. I lay back in my seat and turn up the only song that explained my mood right now, Mariah Carey,  Don't Forget About Us.

Maybe it was a little cliché to be laying here, listening to this song. But every single lyric felt like it applied to us.

Why couldn't I forget about Erica? How did she pull me right back in as much as I tried to fight it? This girl was a couple months away from her wedding ,  Yet she had me right in the palm of her hand.

Why couldn't I just hate her? It would be so much easier than still caring. Before it all she was my friend and I think that was what always pulled me back. I was loyal to her.

No matter what she did or how many times she did it I forgave her. 

I unlock my phone and click on my messages. I scroll down to the very last thread dated over a year ago. It reads

Cynthia  since I met you, I've considered you one of my own. Your just as much my mija as Erica. You can always talk to me and I pray you and Erica work this out someday. When you're  ready this is her new number.

Damn. I hadn't even looked twice at this message since I first received it yet I couldn't let myself delete it either.

I never looked at the number because I decided to be done with her the moment she got engaged.

But right now the only thing that would make me feel better was seeing her. Hopefully she was still in the city. I click the number from her mother's message hoping she hasn't changed it since then.

I sit up in my seat, a little woozy from my high. When she replies so suddenly my heart starts racing but I get right to the point and when she tells me to come by, I make my way over to Albee's place.

Once I turn onto his street, I pull right in front of his building. I take a few deep breaths before I get out of the car and walk up to the door.

I knock lightly three times.

"It's me" I say and the door opens slowly.

"Cyn...uh hey come in" she says to me and I step inside.

I'm nervous as hell on the inside but I decide to just say what I need to say instead of beating around the bush.

"I been trying to stop thinking about you since I left, and it took me letting go of my pride...to realize that as much as I don't wanna be, I'm still in love witchu. I never stopped loving you and I probably never will"

Erica didn't say anything and now I was feeling really stupid. I was ready to run my embarrassed ass out of there.

Then I suddenly felt her lips on mine.

She kissed me deeply. It was like all of our frustrations, all of our hurt, our anger, and our love, all ended up in this kiss. She grabbed my face pulling me in close and I followed her lead.

I closed my eyes taking in the taste of her mouth. Definitely Hennessy. I rested my hands over her shoulders and her hands roamed my body, finding their way to my ass.

Damn I wanted her. And she definitely wanted me. I could tell by the way she was groping my ass. She let out a light moan into my mouth. I found myself biting on her bottom lip., my tongue colliding with hers as we kissed.

I could feel her pulling me toward the couch and I reluctantly pulled my lips away from hers.

My eyes fluttered open slowly, my head was spinning from a mixture of my high coming down, and the way she kissed me.

I placed a hand on her chest, gently pushing her back.

"Erica...hold on...wait" I say as I look up at her. I can see it in her eyes that she was ready to have her entire way with me. Those bedroom eyes never lied.

But I wasn't about to go there with her like she wasn't basically someone's wife.

"What's wrong? I thought we was good...you know how I get once I get started, baby I don't wanna stop" she mumbled against my chin trying to kiss me again.  I pull back.

"I want to Erica. I really do...but I'm not doing this with you...not while you're with him. You break that off first...or this can't happen"

She looked at me with those eyes, her hands still wrapped tightly around my waist. "Not even a little taste?" She asks dead ass serious.

I can't help but laugh. "No. Erica... I'm forreal man. Handle ya shit with him first, if you care the way you say you do.  Maybe I'll think about letting you taste it again" I pull her arms from around me and grab both sides of her face. I stand on my tip-toes to kiss her on her forehead.

She rolls her eyes at me. "If that's what I gotta do...I'll handle it" she looked me in the eye. She was serious.

"Can you at least stay the night? I promise I won't try nothing. Keepin' my hands to myself, I just want you next to me"

I nod with a sweet smile. "Yeah...I think I can do that."