Chapter 10: Ink

Cyn POV

Initially when Erica invited me to Miami, I was totally against it. Not that I couldn't use a break from all this damn snow but I wanted Erica to have all the time she needed with King.

Other than the occasional visit, he'd been away from her for 4 years. I just felt it wasn't my place to impose. But of course she insisted, and a round trip ticket to Miami ended up on my doorstep.

Erica was very persistent, I must admit. But I could't say I didn't like it.

Now with fashion week right around the corner I was busy as hell. From picking out the outfits the girls would model to selecting a make up artist. It was definitely hard work. I knew it would pay off though as soon as I saw my girls up on that stage.

My mind was all work these days, so maybe I was sort of glad to be getting away from it all.

"This is it" the driver says to me as we pull up in front of the house. I pull out my ear buds and look up.

"Damn, That was fast" I say to him as he helps me out the car with my bags. I hadn't even realized we'd gotten here from the airport so quickly.

I think I was starting to become immune to all this traveling. Just popped in my music and the rides seemed a little shorter.

I knock on the door lightly, and within a few seconds it's opening. Erica doesn't waste time before her arms are wrapped around my waist and pulling me into the tightest hug.

I hug her back just as tight, and when she pulls back she kisses my lips lightly.

"I'm so glad you're here, I missed you" she says to me pulling me inside.

"I missed you too." I say leaning up to peck her lips again. I look around the house from where I'm standing. It's a really nice place. Not too far from the water. Pretty big too.

Her arms are still around my waist. I feel safest in her arms. But I can't help but notice that the house was entirely too quiet.

"Where's everyone at?" I ask my eyes widening as I look at her.

She gives me a mischievous grin "It's just us" she says looking up to no good.

I catch her eye and pull myself out of her grasp. "Not happening Erica. So you can wipe that lil' smile right off your face. We gotta keep it rated PG in your mommies house."

She rolls her eyes at me. "Technically this is still my house...my mother just happens to live here"

"Still not happening." I say closing the front door behind me.

That was the Scorpio in her, always wanting to rip my clothes off as soon as she saw me. But it was not going down in the house her mother stayed in.

"Well King is in school for at least a few more hours so we can ride out to south beach. If I can't get you naked at least let me see you in a bikini."

"Okay see now South Beach sounds like a plan. Imma go change and we can head down there" I say kissing her one last time before taking my bags up to the guest room.

***************************************
I leaned back in my seat, my hand in hers as she drove toward South Beach. The wind was blowing through my hair and the sun was feeling way too good on my skin.

"Mmm, that sun feels so good" I say looking over at Erica. She rubs the back of my hand with her thumb before looking at me.

"Better than freezing your ass off in the middle of that damn snow storm in the city" she says bringing my hand up to her lips and kissing it softly.

I had to agree with her there. Winters were always pretty much freezing in NYC. I wouldn't mind having all year round feel like a vacation.

"Yeah. I'm happy I'm here...with you" I say placing a hand on her cheek and kissing her lips.

"Me too" she says to me as she makes a turn into the parking lot.

I'd been to Miami a few times, once to shoot a campaign for the NU summer collection and a few times promoting clubs.

So I was somewhat familiar with the area. I hop out of Erica's car after she finally parks and she meets me on my side.

"You taking me shopping boo? Spend a few stacks so I know it's real" I joke and she laughs with me.

"Nah. Something better." She winks at me grabbing my hand as we start walking down the strip.

Erica looked so proud to hold my hand. I was proud to hold hers too. We'd been talking a little over a month now and I could feel myself letting her back in. I wasn't as scared as before....she seemed different now.

We pass a few of the best stores that I make note to double back to so I could burn up my credit card...maybe Erica's too.

"You gonna tell me where you're dragging me Mena?" I ask squinting my eyes at her.

"It's right up here" she points and I tilt my head in confusion.

"Miami Ink?" I ask as she quickly pulls me into the Tattoo shop. I had no idea what was going on.

"So I know you're like 'What the fuck are we doing here?' right? Well I know I said that we should take our time. And I still want to take our time, but Cyn I know you're the one for me. I was hoping felt the same way." She says looking at me.

Whoah, was Erica about to get down on one knee and pop a ring on my finger in the middle of a tattoo shop because I was definitely NOT ready for that.

"Of course I feel the same way...but what are you asking me E?" I say confused.

"I'm just tired of not being able to just call you mine. I guess in the least cheesiest way possible I'm asking you to be my girl...mine only. And if you say yes than I wanna get something with you that symbolizes that commitment. Deeper than a ring or just words. I wanna get something that represents us...tatted"

I'm a little shocked at first. But the more she spoke the more I felt her on a different level.

"It's not cheesy, baby it's sweet. Of course I wanna be yours and only yours" I say truthfully. It was time to let go of past hurt and feelings. The slate was clean. For both of us.

"So I guess I'm saying yes. Of course I'll get matching tatts...it gotta be something real cute though. This is for life so we gotta make sure it's super fly" I smile hugging her, leaning my head on her shoulder.

This was different but I liked it, I was gonna go with it. Lead with my heart, and my heart was with Erica.

We decided on a simple design. It was small, but the meaning behind it was beautiful.

The design was a small crescent moon and a small sun right next to it. The sun representing our beginning and the moon representing the ending. That was exactly what Erica was to me. My ending and my beginning.