Chapter 11: Falling Into Place

Erica POV

I snap a picture of Cyn and I's tattoos just before the tattoo artist wrapped our fingers up. It was crazy, something that was so small, meant so much to me.

Having Cyn back in my life was the greatest feeling ever too. To tell the truth, she was the only person that I'd been with that actually made me genuinely happy. I had a different kind of love for this girl. And taking it slow wasn't going to change that.

Not that I didn't appreciate my besties advice, or I wasn't taking heed to it, I just knew where I wanted to be. And I wanted to be wherever she was. Time wasn't gonna change that.

I needed Cyn to know how serious I was this time. I think I was doing a pretty good job.

First with wiping that Non Factor ass nigga out of my life. And now giving my baby the dedication to this relationship that she deserved the first time around.

I'll admit, I was caught up with people and things that didn't matter back when Cyn and I first got together. I'd changed and grown so much since then though.

Now I had both the most important people in my life close to me. King & Cyn.

"Do you like it baby?" I ask because I can't stop staring at mine. I think I may be a little too excited.

"I love it boo!" She says smiling at me. I'm not gonna lie though, I thought you were bouta...pop that question. You had me a little shook" she laughed.

"You know how romantic I am. If it was  that, it'd be some real sexy, over the top shit. Roses and candles, a little champagne. You know, spell your name out in the sky type shit" I say laughing with her.

I was nowhere near ready to head down the aisle any time soon. But I was ready to make it official with Cyn.

I didn't want her to ever be confused about her position. Now she knew, no matter what that it was her and I until the end.

"So I was thinking maybe we can go pick up King together...from school. Somehow I promised him we'd get a damn dog to fly back to LA with us for the new place. I was thinking you could come with us and help pick one out. "

I figured this would be a good opportunity to let Cyn and King reconnect. He remembered Cyn of course. But now they were going to be around each
other much more.

"Awww! Hell yeah I'll go puppy shopping with you guys" she grins, her face lighting up.

***************************************

I pull up to Kings school  as the kids are being released for dismissal. I park near the entrance and turn to look at Cyn.

"I'm gonna go and talk to him first, explain a few things and then we can go get him what I promised" I pout.

"You'll win mommy of the year for it I promise" Cyn says kissing my cheek. "I'll hop in the back seat so you two can enjoy your mommy and son time. I'm just here to help."

I can tell Cyn was still treading lightly around the subject of King. She always felt like she imposed on our time when really King loved her.

"Okay baby, I see him coming out over there" I point as King exits the schools front doors. "I'll be right back" I say as I get out the car and stroll over to my baby boy.

He was getting so big now I was gonna have to stop calling him that too.

When he sees me he runs over to me hugging me.

"Hey Papi, how was school today?" I ask  taking his book bag and strapping it over my shoulder.

"Good mommy. I'm kinda sad it was my last day." He says as we walk away from the school.

"Aww baby I know the move is gonna be different but sometimes change is good. Like now, I actually wanna talk to you about something...or someone rather" I say with a small smile.

"Who?" He asks me quickly.

"Cyn" I say simply. "I know you remember Cyn right?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yes! She was the really pretty lady. The nice one who always have me hugs" he laughed.

For an eight year old, King was smart beyond his years. He even taught me things sometimes. So I knew he'd understand what I was about to ask him.

"Exactly. Well I just wanted to ask how you felt about mommy and Cyn talking and being back together again. She isn't going to live with us in California but she's gonna be around a lot more. I was hoping that was okay with you." I say placing a hand on his head ruffling his curls on the top of his head.

"Yup. I liked Cyn...why did she go away before mommy?" He asks.

"We just needed some time apart Papi. To grow and get better. But I'm glad that you're okay with it! You know you're opinion matters most" I wink and he winks back with confidence.

"So I have one more surprise...Cyn's here in Miami for the weekend too. I was thinking we could go down to the shelter and get our puppy and maybe Cyn could help us?"

His eyes light up much like Cyn's did before and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Yes!!! Cmon mom lets goooo. We gotta get the best dog!" he says pulling me toward my car.

I was so relieved that King was okay with Cyn and I going forward with our relationship. Not only that but he accepted   her  and actually liked her.

For some reason he didn't like little Like Mike. Well actually with good reason. That boy had good intuition.

Now it was time to go dog shopping, as much as I was beginning to regret saying anything he wanted.