Chapter 12

'Mum!' Grace yelled, before running into Connie arms and hugging her tightly.

'Oh my God! How did you get here?!' Connie asked, hugging Grace tightly.

'Jacob organised it all. He got Charlie to pick me up from the airport and drop me off here.' Grace smiled, pulling out of the hug and holding Connie's hand.

'Oh, I missed you.' Connie whispered, cupping Grace's cheek with her face. Connie felt tears come to her eyes.

'I missed you two Mum.' Grace whispered back, hugging her again. Tears started falling down Connie's cheeks.

'How long are you staying for?' Connie asked, hugging her back.

'Two weeks, I get to have my birthday over here.' Graced replied, grinning from ear to ear.

'Good. Have you had dinner?' Connie was worried that if she'd been travelling all day, she wouldn't have eaten properly.

'I had some soup in the car.'

'Well, I'll make you a sandwich then.' Connie told her, wiping her tears away.

'I love you mum.' Grace said, kissing Connie on the cheek.

'I love you two darling.' Connie replied, hugging her again.

'Grace, would you like a hot chocolate?' Jacob asked, putting water in the kettle.

'Yes please!' Grace replied excitedly. 'Mum, does this place have a tv?'

'Yes, just in the lounge.' Connie told her, before Grace walked out of the kitchen.

Connie started making the three of them sandwich as Jacob started making tea for him and Connie and a hot chocolate for Grace.

'Thank you, so much.' Connie said to Jacob, when she had finished. She hugged him from behind and kissed his cheek.

'Anything for you.' Jacob replied, turning around and kissing her.

'It means the world to me.' She smiled, resting her forehead on his.

Jacob smiled at her and kissed her again before grabbing Grace's hot chocolate and sandwich and taking it through. Connie followed behind with her and Jacob's.

'Right, madam, I think its time for bed don't you?' Connie raised her eyebrow at Grace, who sighed and rolled her eyes.

'Fine. Can you come up in five minutes?'

'Of course.' Connie smiled.

'Night Jacob.' Grace said, before hugging him.

'She is a credit to you.' Jacob told Connie after Grace had gone upstairs 'She is so much like you its unreal.'

Connie smiled at him and grabbed his hand. 'There's two of us now, how will you cope?' She joked.

'I think I'll manage.' Jacob smirked, squeezing her hand.

'Today has been amazing, thank you.' Connie told him, honestly.

'You look so happy.' Jacob stroked her cheek and moved some hair out of her face.

'I am, happier than I've ever been.'