9- ADMISSIONS

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for seeing Sol.

He would have news about how the hospital went today. That was more important than any discomfort I may feel.

Malachi had to build a relationship with his father. Try and catch up on all the years I kept them apart.

Although watching them together you would think they had never been apart. It was lovely to see them together. They were like two peas in a pod. Fear set in for a second at the thought that our last attempt at a related donor may all be in vain. What if he wasn't even a blood match and even if he was maybe he wasn't a perfect tissue match like I wasn't. The thought was unbearable. I knew it was possible of course but I had to believe that this was our chance.

If I was doing all this, giving him his son to love and there was no hope...

How could I put another person in he position I was in. I shook my head. I had to remain positive, I had to believe.

Cam came and knocked softly on the bedroom door.

'Hey' she said as walked through.

I stood and twirled.

'Will I do?' I asked her.

'Do?...You are smoking' she told me,

I went over and hugged her again.

'I hope its not too much, I mean I might be over dressed. What if we are only going to McDonald's or something...that's child friendly'

Cam came and sat on the bed and patted the space beside her to indicate I should accompany her there.

'Farah that man downstairs is not dressed to eat at McDonald's I assure you'

She could see me relax my body slightly at this news.

'Let yourself believe for my sake that this is all going to work out ok'

I nodded.

'I'll try..promise' i told her sincerely.

'It's just..I have never wanted anything so much in my life. I know I have missed my chance to be with Sol and I respect that. The one thing I want is for Malachi to be healthy and get to spend time with his father'

I looked at her and a tear rolled involuntarily down my cheek.

'Hey don't' she warned wiping it away. 'You will ruin your make up and you look so pretty, that hair suits you'

She said as she gently cupped my face in her hand.

I was so lucky that I effectively had been given two mothers in this life. Loosing my mother despite the decisions she had made for me was hard. It was made easier having Cam she loved me like a mother. She adored Malachi and I know she would do anything for either of us - she was irreplaceable.

I stood up with conviction.

'Ok then..lets do this' I said as I headed for the door.

I allowed Cam to go ahead of me.

Walking downstairs I could hear Sol talking to Malachi. I felt for him as he was telling him he would have to turn off his game as it was time to go. Surprisingly, Malachi did as he was told without fuss. That was new. Maybe having his father in his life was just what he needed.

I reached two stairs from the bottom as father and son came to the doorway to the front room.

'Wow!'  speaking in unison Malachi and Sol looked up at me on the stairs.