XXI

Last Time On The Forgotten Mage:

Erza continues to run in a safe speed, her pools of chocolate sharply looking around at her surroundings.

The sound of someone jumping and the breeze of air that had lightly visited her skin had made Erza jump reflexively, her chocolate orbs watching as the ground she once was running on was demolished by a scythe.

Landing on the ground, she waited with glaring eyes for the dust to dissipate and for the reveal of the figure.

Dedicated to AkaneShiro. The story will resume now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scythe..." Erza sharply looked at the man, her eyes scanning each movement he makes as we swings his scythe around before settling it on the ground near him, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Red-head, I see that you'll be versing against me..." he trailed off, looking around the room in a curious manner before returning to look at the fairy.

"One on one, haven't had that in a while..." A yawn escapes his mouth and a gloved hand comes up to cover it up.

"Let's get this over with..." he mumbled, raising his scythe again before it transforms.

The blade became larger and smaller blades decorated the once smooth sides, making the scythe look harsher than before. A thick, rouge line was at the base of the blade, glowing brightly with energy.

"One two three..." he announced this repeatedly whilst twirling the scythe around, spinning his body with the weapon before stopping overall and directing its head to the scarlet-haired mage, a smirk curving up his features. "One."

An explosion went off between the two, Erza quickly jumping away before transforming to her clear heart clothing—a bandage wrapped around her breasts with a red hakama decorated by yellow flames on the edge, in her hands two well sharpened katanas. Her once flowing hair was tied into a high ponytail, bundled together by a green hair tie.

Quickly turning, Erza blocked a familiar scythe, her feet being slightly pushed back as she did so before jumping away. Another crash.

Erza readied her sword before jumping into the dust, readily aiming at the back of the scythe user. Her blades were deflected however as she was only able to hit the pole of the scythe.

She held that stance, able to eye her opponent who had a crazed look on his face. Those green eyes that dared to behold the look of her allies angered her—that vengefulness showing in her strength as she pushed away the scythe, swinging one of her swords around to slice Scythe's body but to only receive air.

"Up here~" came from above, Erza quickly looking to find her opponent defying the nature of gravity.

"AND HERE'S A GIFT!" Ryu shouted, his hand that was on the inside of his coat quickly coming out, wielding small daggers placed between his fingers that quickly dashed out to aim for the scarlet-haired.

She jumped away from them, landing on a nearby rock before realizing that the daggers were following her. Raising her arms, she crossed them and clenched her teeth as the daggers aimed for her arms and body. Surprisingly, none had stabbed her (like she would allow that).

As the shower of daggers finally faded, Erza allowed her arms to return to her sides before looking around the room, her eyes slanting as she found no traces of Scythe.

"Stop calling me Scythe~ My name is Ryu..." Erza whipped around, bringing her swords along to slice the side of this Ryu. Unluckily, he was able to jump away and her swords were met with air.