Chapter 9

I woke up the next day.

I was so exhausted that I had slept that whole rest of the evening and slept till almost lunch time.

I got out of the bed with my hoodie down.

Why put it back up if they knew who I was?

I walked into the kitchen to see only Steve cooking and making coffee.

I quietly get a cup of coffee and drink it as I sat down. "Hey Cap. Where is everyone?"

Steve turned around fast and dropped the pan he was cooking in.

Without thinking I shot forward and grabbed it in midair and set it back onto the stove without spilling anything. "Woah. Didn't mean to scare you. I was just asking a question cause I just came in. You almost got your foot burned. You okay?"

Steve looked at me and nodded. "Yeah Peter. You scared me cause I didn't think anyone was awake yet. I was making breakfast for the team. Did you sleep good last night?"

I shrugged. "Lets see... sleeping in a train for a month doesn't do good for the neck and back so yeah I did actually sleep well last night in the big warm comfy bed that felt like clouds." I smile slightly.

Steve chuckled. "You would say that. To me it's more comfortable than being stuck in a chunk of ice for seventy years."

I nodded. "Makes out to be the best sleep you ever get if nobody wakes you up. So do you know if my friend Harry is awake yet? Or if Tony and Bruce have made a cure yet?"

Steve hummed. "I think your friend is up now. He woke up earlier but then I started to make food so he should still be up. We restrained him to the med bed to keep him still. If you want you can go see him now and bring him some food."

I nod. "Thanks Cap. Oh uh... I think it's burning now." I swear drop as he quickly turns around and finishes the food quickly getting it out of the pan.

I pick up a plate already filled up and get a glass of orange juice and a fork. I downed my cup of coffee that somehow got cold while I was talking to Steve but I didn't mind.
I walked away and to the med room where Harry was at in a bed.

The door opened for me thanks to the A.I.

I see Harry laying there in the bed looking up at the ceiling not moving. At least his eyes were open.

I sat down beside him and placed the plate on the table next to me.

I sigh and see Harry looking over at me. I smile sadly. "Hey Hare. I brought you some food to eat and some orange juice. You probably don't want to talk to me. I can understand that." I look down at my hands that I had on my knees limp. "If you want me to I can undo the arm clamps and let you eat but I doubt Tony and the others would like that. They would probably say you would escape if I did. So I'm just gonna lift the bed into a sitting position for you and feed you that way. Kinda like that time when one of us got sick and helped the other eat. Remember? Those were fun times. I wish every day I could go back to those days before I found my dad's briefcase. Maybe if I didn't try to find answers none of this would've ever happened. Anyways your probably hungry right? Right. I'll... I'll just fix your bed for you to eat."

I didn't look up but I did fix the bed for Harry to sit up and brought the rolling table closer to the bed so I could feed my old friend. I wasn't really expecting him to talk to me at all after all we had been through.

"...Pete...thanks...." Harry said quietly in his bed.

My eyes widened and I gasped as I looked up to see him looking over at me. My shocked face slowly turned into a smile. "Y.. your welcome Hare."

We didn't talk after that but I could tell that he was finally changing again. Changing back to his old self even if we haven't cured him yet.

In the comfortable silence I fed Harry all the food he could finish and even gave him some of his juice which he sucked down with the straw I gave him.

When he was done I set the stuff down and rubbed an eye. I was still kinda tired but I was used to not sleeping.

Harry must've noticed. "Pete. You should go get some more sleep and eat. You probably haven't eaten anything today have you?"

I blink tiredly. "...I haven't eaten anything since yesterday before I jumped off the roof to catch you. Soon I'll be able to have that cure for you. Tony and Bruce are working on what I have so you'll be healthy again. I hope so anyways. If you want I can keep coming in and checking on you so you won't get bored. Kinda like we used to do back when you were younger."

Harry smirked slightly. "I remember those times Petey. You somehow ended up in the hospital a few times from the bullies before I started beating them up."

I laugh softly. "I remember. Good times. Good times. Oh. Do you want me to put the bed back down for you?"

He nodded. "Yeah that seems like a good idea. In fact I'm getting tired too."

I nod and pick up his plate and cup after I fix his bed. "I'll be back later Harry. If you need me just ask."

Harry didn't say anything as all I saw were his eyes closed again.

I sighed and walked out of the room and to the kitchen.