Chapter 10

As I walked back into the kitchen I found that everyone was sitting and eating as well as talking a bit.

I ignored them as I put the plate and cup in the sink and started cleaning them. It was a habit from when I had to do my chores for A..Aunt May...

I ignored the pain in my chest from remembering the fire and finished the dishes before walking away from the kitchen to go back to my room.

I didn't feel so good to eat anything at that moment. Im pretty sure if I did I would throw it all up.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket that I had picked up from the train with the bag. I just looked at it for a second and just kept it in my hand as I walked to my room.

I was in my own world right now so I didn't hear anyone follow me into my room as I fell forward onto my bed and put the speaker on my phone, pressing play as I listened to my Aunt May's voice as I laid on the bed with my phone laying beside me as my face was buried in my pillow as I listened to the last message ever given to me by my Aunt.

"Peter? I got off work early today sweetie. Ill be making your favorite when I get home. Don't forget to stop by the store and grab some eggs okay? Be safe Peter and don't get yourself into trouble. I love you my little spider. I'll see you when you get home. Bye."

By the end on the message I had silent tears staining my pillow.

A few months ago when Gwen died Aunt May had found out I was Spider-Man. She had told me she always knew after I had washed my suit in with the clothes and turned everything red and blue. We had laughed about it. If it weren't for her I probably wouldn't have put the suit back on again.

I turned my head to my phone to see her smiling face on the contact. I whispered in a very soft and very cracked voice. "I'm sorry Aunt May... If only I could have stopped the missile before I found out it was aimed at the house. Maybe then... you would've lived. First mom and dad were killed, then Uncle Ben. Gwen's dad Mr. Stacy as well as Gwen herself. I never should have given Doctor Conners the formula that turned him into the Lizard when he injected himself. And Max... why couldn't I have remembered his stupid name. Maybe then he wouldn't have lashed out the way he did. Harry... if I hadn't refused to give him my blood and explained to him what my blood could have done to him... maybe then he would've listened to me... All my fault... I never should've looked... curse my curiosity. What's next? Harry getting cured but still wanting to murder me in my sleep?"

I sigh and cover my head with my pillow. My tears were flowing freely as they soaked my bed.

I didn't notice the movement in my room or the fact that my spidey senses weren't going off as there was no danger.

I was slowly crying myself to sleep.

I was halfway asleep when I felt someone pull my covers over my body.

I flinched and opened my eyes slightly. My pillow was removed from my head and my eyes focused onto Loki's as he lifted my head with magic and put my pillow under it before gently setting my head down.

Loki looked down at me and hesitantly laid his cool hand onto my head and patted it once. "Get some sleep young mortal. I came to check on you but if you wish I will leave for you to sleep."

I blink once. I smiled slightly and nodded slightly. My eyes closing back as I felt him move away and go to my door and leaving my room.

I fell asleep and went straight to dreaming.