**Act Like a Proper Lady **

Chapter 7

** Act Like a Proper Lady **

{prop·er

adjective

of the required type; suitable or appropriate}

"So...what would you like to do?" My dad asked as he politely opened one of the limousine's doors for me.

I thanked him quietly and stepped into that long vehicle, him closing the door behind me before coming around on the other side and sitting next to me, the tan leather middle seat was left bare and open.

I had to sit on my hands to stop them from fidgeting from the swarm of nerves that were slowly eating me alive from the inside.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but this is just weird and unusual.

And I honestly didn't understand why we had to take the limo. Couldn't we have just taken his Chevrolet Malibu? I mean, sure it was the latest model, but at least it would feel more natural than taking this.

"Um...maybe we can go get something to eat? I know this really cute cafe just down the street, and it's not even that expen-" I began with a smile as I talked about the little shop that I loved to go to when I needed to think.

My father cut me off with a laugh and my smile slowly faded.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear." He apologized, not sounding very sorry at all. "It's just that, I'm the Mayor! We have enough money to afford something much nicer than an ugly little cafe." He gave another chuckle and my insides deflated a little.

But I still managed to cough out a little laugh, even if it sounded force.

I just had to remember that at least he was trying to hang out with me, for once.

Once his laughter calmed down he spoke up to the driver. 

"Steven?"

"Yes, sir?" The driver asked politely.

"Can you take us to the diner on Orion Street? My usual one." My dad asked and Steven nodded, slowing down and taking a left turn.

"Of course, sir."

My eyes widened. "O-Orion Street? Dad, is that really necessary?"

"Why, of course it is! Don't worry dear, you'll love the restaurant." He chuckled, though I highly doubted that I would. Just because we're rich doesn't mean that I like to take advantage of it.

Orion Street is considered the most expensive street in Fall City, with it's variety of highly over priced restaurants that barely gave you any food and it's multiple museums of the Arts, it was the perfect place for the rich and fancy people of our City to hang out.

Though I usually tried to avoid it as best as I could.

But today, I decided to go with what my father wanted because he seemed to happy earlier about getting to spend a little time with me. 

I forced my lips to be pulled upwards at the corners. "I'm sure I will, dad."

He only nodded and continued on talking about how Fall City has been doing great lately, and that they would soon have to expand it in order to welcome all of the people who were starting to come in.

I frowned a bit at that. I liked Fall City just the way it was. Small and Beautiful. But the way my father talked about it like it wouldn't mean anything to kill a few trees and build a few homes as long as the City is expanding frightened me a bit.