Kabanata 7

WAVERLY ROSE'S POV:

When I come back to the hotel and enter the suite, Nasa couch na si Drew nanonood nang isang reality show sa MTV. I see some guy punch a girl in the face on the show. I'd like to teach her how to hit him back hard enough that he doesn't try that again. 

"This is getting pathetic, Drew. Hindi kita nakita masyadong nanonood nang palabas sa telibisyon."

"Inip na inip na ako dito Rose. I'm not used to this long of a break in between jobs," Wika niya.

"Well, bakit hindi mo tawagan si David and tell him you're available?" I ask. He looks at me through narrowed eyes.

"Hindi ko alam kung iyon ay isang magandang ideya. I have a feeling that I should stick around here and keep an eye on you." Crap! 

"Ano ba ang sinasabi mo Drew? I've been on my own for a longtime now."

"Alam ko Rose, but do you usually walk around with a smile on your face after you spend time with a target?" Tanong niya.

"Ace is the target's son and I am not walking around with a smile on my face," Wika ko sabay irap sa kanya. 

The last thing I want is Drew knowing that I've developed feelings for Ace. Naniniwala ako na hindi niya ito sasabihin kay David, but other than that, I don't know how he'd react.

"So, hindi ka pa ba nahuhulog sa kanya?" he asks while keeping eye contact with me. Napagbuntong-hiniga na lang ako. 

"Drew, I'm just enjoying doing regular teenager stuff."

"Nag-iisip ka ba na tumigil na sa pagtratrabaho at mamuhay nang isang normal na buhay?" Tinaasan niya ako nang kilay. I laughed.

"I think that I'd get bored pretty quickly, just like you are now."

"Okay." he says slowly. 

"As long as that's all it is. How about we spend some quality brother and sister time together?" I smiled at him.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I could use a little practice," He said.

"I'm up for it," Sabi ko.

"Kailangan ko lang magbihis."

Two hours later, I am walking alone in the streets of one of the worst neighborhoods in Philippines. I've changed into jeans, a tank top and leather jacket. It's cold in the evenings this time of year, so I'm okay with using the leather jacket to hide my weapons. Kahit na , hindi ka kailangan ang mga yon.

I see a group of five tough-looking guys across the street. I cross the street, so that I'll walk right past them. As I walk past them, I make sure to not even look at them. I want to be sure that they deserve what's coming to them, if they do what I think they'll do. And they do it. When I am only a few feet past them, one of them says, 

"Hey sexy, why don't you come back and hang out with us?" I grin evilly before turning around with the grin wiped off my face, 

"No thank you." I keep walking, but within seconds, someone grabs me from behind. He whispers in my ear, 

"I think you should change your mind." Nagpapanggap ako na nahihirapan.

"And I think you should let me go." Wika ko.

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way," Sabi niya at kinaladkad ako papunta sa isang eskinita, kung saan nandun yung iba pang kasamahan niya.

I am still pretending to struggle when Drew arrives at the entrance of the alley,