Kabanata 4

CHAPTER 4

WAVERLY ROSE'S POV:

"So, this is your city, ano ba ang gusto mong gawin?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Who needs to go anywhere when we have a perfectly good hotel room upstairs?" Ace suggests. 

I don't need to watch teen movies to know that teenage boys are just like all men. Lahat sila ay iniisip lang ang tungkol sa sex. I lean in close enough to kiss him.

"Kung maglakad-lakad na lang kaya tayo sa gilid nang dagat?" Sabi ko.

Then I pull away before he can close the distance with his lips and start walking towards the beach. Meron kasing beach dito sa likod nang hotel. Alam kong nakasunod siya sa akin.

"Don't you want to go upstairs to change first?"

"No!" I call out and keep walking. He catches up with me and when we reach the sand, I pull of my heels and leave them where I stand. We are walking in silence for a minute when Ace asks me, 

"So sino yung lalake na kasama mo sa club? Boyfriend mo?" Tumawa lang ako. 

"Czev was asking about him too."

"Well, ano ang sinabi mo sa kanya?" Ace asks impatiently.

"Wala akong sinabi sa kanya. But, if you must know, 'NO' he isn't my boyfriend. I don't believe in relationships." I said.

"Well, who is he?" Ace asks.

"Why, do you want me to hook you up with him?" Biro ko sa kanya.

"No, pero baka interesado si Czev" Wika niya. 

"So, gusto mo ba si Czev?" Tanong niya.

"Is this the part where I check the box 'yes' or 'no'?" I ask him.

"Why is it so hard to get you to answer a question?" he asks.

"Why do you care?" I counter.

"See! Yan ang sinasabi ko!" he said and grabs my wrist to pull me to a stop. 

We are facing each other and I am staring up into his piercing hazel eyes. Something about looking into his eyes makes me uncomfortable. I feel like he is going to find me out my secrets. The way he's looking at me, like he is trying to figure me out.

"Nagsisimula nang dumilim." Sabi ko. 

"Bumalik na kaya tayo." 

"I like dark." he says. 

"It gives us privacy for this." He weaves his fingers through my hair and brings my lips to his. The instant our lips touch, I feel as though I've been shocked. I pull back and see the same confusion on his face that I am feeling. I start to pull away and he whispers, 

"Shh," then brings his lips back down onto mine. 

The spark is still there and as the kiss deepens it feels like the whole world is disappearing around us. Nakalimutan ko na kung ano ang mission ko. Nakalimutan kong ang tatay niya ang aking target. I kiss him back as passionately as he is kissing me. He lowers me onto the sand. He starts kissing my neck and I moan. One of his hands is behind my head and the other is on my thigh. My hand are on his back, pressing him closer to me. He pulls his head up and I am again looking into his mesmerizing eyes. 

"You're mine now, Rose" That snaps me out of my daze. I quickly scramble up and start backing away.

"I'll never belong to any man." Wika ko at tumakbo na ako papalayo sa dagat, papalayo sa kanya.