Kabanata 1

KABANATA 1: 

WAVERLY ROSE'S POV

London, England

"You just sliced me you son of a bitch!" singhal ko sakanya. My target had just sliced me with a samurai sword. Oh Lovely! 

"What do you expect? You're trying to kill me!" He replied pulling into another fighting stance. This target was a tricky one. Marami siyang alam ukol sa martial arts at marami din siyang armas. Pero may isang bagay na sigurado ako ay ang hindi niya naransan ang pagasasanay na meron ako.

"Well, the only reason I'm trying to kill you because you rape little girls and you are a massive drug dealer. You deserve to die." Pagbabanta ko sa kanya. And with that I pulled my gun out of the back of my jeans and shot him dead. 

Ang pangalan ko ay si Waverly Rose Collins, 17 years old. I am on the list of top assassins of C.O.B.R.A. Organization (Criminal Organization of Bloodiness, Revenge and Assassination) Isang illegal na organisasyon kung saan gumagawa kami ng investigations para sa mga clients namin. Mga clients na tinitiyak namin na mabubuting tao dahil hindi kami tumatanggap ng dirty works, though sometimes it's inevitable not to kill in times of a mission. Katulad ngayon. Ang bestfriend kong si Helvetica ay Assassin din katulad ko.

Hindi na ako nakakaramdam nang konsensya kapag nasa mission ako hangga't alam ko ang mga taong ito ay masasama and I'm making the world a better place. I turned and left the warehouse in which the target had just made a huge drug deal. Tiningnan ko yung relo ko. 6:30 Am.  Patay na siya at matagal na wala na ako dito bago pa malaman nila. His obituary will read that he was Zach Taylor, age twenty four, born in London, England. It will leave out that he is deeply involved in the raping little girls and being a massive drug dealer.

Para sa akin, he was just a job and now that job is done. Matapos kong gawin ang mission ko, umalis na ako sa warehouse at pumara na nang taxi papuntang hotel. I am glad that I will be leaving this place. For as much history as this beautiful city has, it has just as much obscenity. Nang makabalik ako sa hotel, I send a message to Uncle David that the job has been completed. He sends a message back within minutes to confirm the transfer of funds. Pinaalam ko na din sa kanya na nasa Seoul lang ako hanggang dumating ulit yung bago kung mission.

After I shower and pack for the flight to Seoul, tinawagan ko ang nakatatandang kapatid ko, si Drew. Hindi niya sinasagot, pero hindi ako nag-aalala dahil alam kong nasa mission din siya ngayon. I send him a text message upang ipaalam sa kanya na papunta na ako nang Seoul. I know he'll call me when he can.

When I arrive in Seoul City the next day, I take a cab to the apartment that Drew and I share. Kahit na, bihira lang kaming pumuta dito. I go to my room, lay down on my bed and breathe. I always feel like the only places I can really relax are one of the homes that Drew and I keep around the world. I'm lying there not even five minutes, when my phone rings. Tiningnan ko kung sino yung tumawag and it's Uncle David. I answer it.

"Hello Uncle David?" Sabi ko.

"Hello Rose. Another job has come up." Wika niya. I don't even argue, this is my life. 

"What's the job?" I asked.

"You'll be going to Philippines. Since you are still only seventeen, you are the best person for this job. I am sending the information to you now, by fax. Tawagan mo ako after you have gotten settled there." Saad ni Uncle David.

"Okay" I said and hang up.

I walk over to the fax machine in our office and the information is already coming through. When the fax machine is finished, I grab the stack of papers, walk over to the desk to sit down and flip them over.