Kabanata 10

WAVERLY ROSE'S POV:

After Drew pulls me out of the club, he leads me to where he parked the Lamborghini. He doesn't say a word to me, but I'm not exactly eager myself for the conversation to come. I get into the passenger side without an argument and Drew speeds off. 

My phone starts ringing at hindi ko na kailangang tingnan upang malaman na si Ace. Does he even know that I left the club? Marahil naghihinta pa siya na bumalik ako sa table namin.

"Wag mong sagutin yan." Drew speaks for the first time since leaving the club. I look at my phone, 

"It's Ace. Baka nagtataka na yun kung bakita ako natagalan. I should at least answer it and let him know that I'm not at the club anymore." Drew grabs my phone, 

"Hangga't hindi pa tayo nakakapag-usap, hindi ka gagawa nang bagay na may kinalaman sa kanya."

"Bakit ginagawa mo to, Drew?" Tanong ko.

"Ginagawa ko lang naman ito para sa ikakabuti mo. Something is wrong with you, I can tell. Until I figure out what that is, this job is temporarily on hold." Wika niya.

"Nothing is wrong with me." I lie to him.

"Don't try to convince me right now, Waverly. We'll talk about this when we can sit face to face," he takes a right turn that puts us onto the street that our hotel is on.

"Why face to face?" Sa tingin ko alam ko na ang sagot.

"Dahil gusto kong tingnan ang mga mata mo kung mag-uusap tayo. You're almost as good of a liar as I am, but I know you better than anyone else. I'll be able to tell if you're lying to me. Plus, you being drunk is only going to work in my favor." He says smugly.

"I'm a better liar than you. PLUS, I'm sobering up at an astonishing rate," I retort. Drew just laughs at me. At least he isn't still mad at me, like he was when we left the club.

Five more minutes driving down the busy street and Drew is pulling into the  hotel parking lot. As soon as he parks, lumabas na ako nang kotse, hindi ko na siya hinintay. I take an elevator up by myself and go to the bathroom to take a shower as soon as I get into the suite. 

Drew can just wait for this talk that he insists upon. When I get out of the shower, I am wearing just a bathrobe. I'd prefer to be clothed, just in case I have to kick my brother's ass, so I change into pajama bottoms and a tank top. 

When I go into the living room, Drew is sitting a table and motions me to sit across from him. I take a seat and belligerently ask, 

"What?"

"First off, did you have a good time tonight?" That was so not the question that I expected. I smile sweetly at him, 

"Why yes I did, dear brother. How about you?"He scowls, 

"I had thought that it would be a good night. You were to finish this job and we could have left Philippines tomorrow. Nung hindi ka tumawag, hinanap agad kita. I should have found you at a crime scene, covering your tracks after John Evans was dead. Instead, I find you DRUNK at a club and knocking a guy out in front of witnesses."

"The guy really needed knocking out," I ignore the other issues.

"Maybe that's so, but it may not be wise to showcase your talents in front of the target's son," He tells me.

"His name is Ace. You don't have to call him the target's son," I remind him.

"No, I think I do. I think you need reminding of why you are here in the first place and it isn't to have a good time with the target's son," he gives me a disapproving look.