4:You Look Like A Little Squirrel

Chapter 4

Niall’s P.O.V

My eyes shot open to the sound of thrashing next to me. I squinted as my eyes tried to adjust. It was Cassie, and she was having another nightmare. I went to pull back my covers to help her but the sound of someone else’s feet hitting the ground first made me stop.

“Cassie?” Harry’s voice whispered.

He lent down as he slid on her bed. His hand went up to her face to slowly caress her cheek.

“Shh.” He whispered softly

The sudden movements on the bed stopped

“Harry?” Cassie mumbled. “What are you doing?”

“You had another nightmare Cas’” He sighed.

“I’m sorry.” She mumbled sounding guilty. “I can’t keep waking you all up.”

“I’m the only one that woke up.” He whispered, he obviously didn’t know I was up too.

“I’m sorry, you must be so tired, this is like the fourth night in a row.” She sighed.

“It doesn’t matter, scoot over.” He chuckled

Cassie done that and he slid in next to her, it was a tight squeeze, but they were soon under the covers as she laid on his chest.

Jealously ran through me. Why can’t I be the one to hold her like that? Why can’t I be the reason she smiles the way she does? Why can’t I make her happy the way he does? I mean sure Cassie is my best friend, like Louis to Harry and Liam to Zayn, and of course I make her smile… but not the way he does. That’s the way I want to make her smile, like there’s no one else but us two. If she gave me the chance I know I could. I want to be the one to call her baby and tell her she’s mine, I want to be the one to buy her expensive gifts and kiss her for no reason at all just because I can, I want to show her off to the world and make her feel special… but I never will.

She’s so worried about hurting him, what we’re doing is nothing bad, yet something in her head tells her it is. She’s worried he may not like it and leave her… She’s worried about messing up, she’s worried about him disappearing again. I can tell, it’s the fact that the little thing she’s doing for him is playing on her mind, it’s the fact that she seems to think that if this goes wrong slightly she will lose him.

Even if she does she will still have me. She’ll always have me. It hurts though, it hurts seeing someone you love so much love another person with everything they have. Sure, Harry loves her too, but not as much as she hopes, or as he thinks… he will never have feelings for her like I do. One day he will leave her, one day he will hurt her. They were made to be best friends, anyone can see that. They both love each other, but not in the way to make those vowels and walk down the aisle, they love each other in the way of having movie nights and pillow fights.

Light snores interrupted my thoughts, my eyes flickered to the shadowy lumps slowly moving at a steady pace. I let out a sigh. I can’t sleep now, not like this. I grabbed my phone and checked the time 4:23 am. I unlocked it and clicked on the twitter app. Maybe a follow spree will cool my tits.

********

Cassie and I sat in the back booth of Starbucks, she was staring intensely at her drink. She was nervous, I could tell from a mile away. Her shoulders are tense, her back is straight, her leg is moving up and down and her eyebrows are knitted together.

“Cassie, if you stare at it any harder you will burn a hole through it.” I chuckled trying to lighten the mood.

She let out a small chuckle. “Sorry.”

“It’s alright, now what’s going on in that little pret- blonde head of yours.” I had to cut myself off, but Cassie didn’t seem to notice.

“It will destroy him Ni.” She frowned. “I know what he’s like.” She mumbled

“Cassie.” I let out a small laugh.

“What?”

“Will you relax, you're blowing it out of proportion . It’s not going to do anything, but it does have to stay between us… or it could ruin it. That’s what you’re scared of right? Ruining it all?” I asked leaning forward

She nodded slightly. “What if he doesn’t like it?”

“He’ll love it.” I smiled

Her head flicked up and she smiled her adorable wonky smile. “You’re the best Ni.”

“I know.” I winked

Laughter erupted from her lips, yes her laughter was weird and obnoxious but it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard any human make.

“Cassie… What’s with the nightmares?” I asked.

Her smile soon faded. “It’s nothing.”

“It clearly is… you haven’t heard yourself.” I whispered

It hurts me to see you like that.

“It’s nothing, I promise… they’ll go soon.” She smiled trying to reassure me.

I nodded hesitantly. “If you say so.”

“I do…”

I watched her for a moment… I could tell she was lying, she knows what’s going on in her head, yet she doesn’t want to talk about it. It hurts to think we’re best friends and yet she can’t let me help her stop her pain.

I placed my hand on top of hers and used my thumb to rub the back of her hand. “If you need to talk… I’m here alright?”

“I know Nialler.” She smiled brightly. “You look like a little squirrel…I still need that camera, lets go.”

I looked at her in amazement, its funny how quickly her moods change. It’s one of the many things I love about her.

**************************************************************************************

Heyia guys! How are you all?!

So thank you for all the comments and votes, I can't believe how may it has already!

Questions!#

1)  What do you think is going on with Niall and Cassie?

2) Where are you from!? I wanna know where y'all are from. I'm from England!

Soo, 9 comments for the next chapter and 22 votes?

Vote/Comment to have a chance at dedication

My eye was twiching when I wrote this A/N ahahah

#LittleYellowFish