πέντε: Capture the Flag--PART 2

Right as the conch horn blew, two waves of kids clashed together. I kicked, punched and nudged my way to our flag keeping as low as I could be. I see Willow running to my direction, her thick dark hair flying behind her.

"Hey Rae!" She says as she runs past me to her flag - she's obviously going defense. I was tempted to follow but I have to stick to Alex's plan.

"Hey Will - Willow look out!" I yell. A guy from the Apollo cabin, also my team, shot an arrow at Willow. Even though he was on my team, he couldn't hurt Treebrain. I caught the arrow in midair and ran to him and kicked him hard in the stomach. Then I took off my helmet and covered the plume so he can't see who and what team I was, and sprinted to where I had to go, with the golden arrow still clenched in my right hand.

After more nudging and kicking, I reached where I'm supposed to wait for someone from the other team. I climb up the tree and wait. I look around my surroundings. The tree that I'm in is on the edge of a little stream and behind the stream is a big, big boulder, or otherwise known as Zeus' Fist. On the top of it is our blue silk flag. Easy spot, right? Well, they have to get through me first. That's why Alex put me here. I look down at my moon necklace and press the star. Now I'm holding a beautiful silver bow and a quiver full of arrows. I put the golden arrow into my quiver and press the star on my quiver and I put the necklace around my neck. I sigh, this is gonna be a long wait. It usually is. I mean, getting through that crowd of highly trained campers and finding the flag will take a long time!

I look down at my helmet, remembering the first time I played the game...

I stomp over to Chiron. "Acacia has to be on my team!" I order with a deadly scowl, pointing to the seventeen year old daughter of Zeus.

The centaur chuckles. "I do not make the teams, child. And if I do, I would make sure she wouldn't be on your team. Not to be cruel, but to make you stronger." He smiles warmly down at me.

My scowl softens through curiousity. "What - what do you mean?" I ask.

"I feel as though my younger campers usually rely on older campers to help them. Annabeth does with Luke, Maple does with one of her siblings and a lot more do. I want to make sure you are strong and independent and ready for anything in case if anything happens."

I puff an exasperated sigh out of my mouth. "Fine. But just for that, I'm going to make sure we win!" I say with a confident smile.

Chiron laughs. "You are a keeper, aren't you? Well, you better get going before your team leaves without you." He winks at me.

I smile warmly at him then run off to my group.

Maple greets me with a smile. "There you are! Acacia's friend, Claudia just made the positions. Guess what?" I open my mouth to reply, but she doesn't wait for a response. "You're on offence with me!" She smiles even wider.

"Yes, finally!" I exclaim, grinning and linking my arm with Maple's arm. "Let's go!"

When both teams are ready, Chiron yells,"Weapons at the ready! And - go!" The conch horn blows and both teams clash together.

"Where do you think the flag is?" Yells Maple over the screaming crowd.

I kick someone out of the way and continue running. I think for a bit. "Follow me! I might know!"

We dodge past the Ares' team, using our height as an advantage. I bite my bottom lip as an Ares kid around my age spots me and Maple, thus charging at us.

"Maple go ahead! I think it's by Zeus' Fist!" I order her. I watch as my best friend vanishes through the crowd.

I turn towards the mini Ares kid. His dark red hair is peeking from under his helmet, his dark hazel eyes anxious for a fight. I start to draw my sword then he interrupts me, "No maiming, remember?" He smirks at me.