επτά: The Prophecy

By the way, I apologize if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes in this chapter - it's late, and I'm tired.

Anyway, happy reading.

* * * *

I rub my eyes and say, "Maple, you wouldn't believe what kind of nightmare I had last night! I was - " I stop in mid-sentence. I sit up onto my bed and realize that all what happened last night was reality. I roll out of the unbelievably comfy bed and walk to the window overlooking the forest outside. I watch as the moon falls into the horizon and the sun taking its place. It is a much more beautiful view from this cabin than the Hermes cabin. I walk to the bathroom and notice there's a shower room in here! I'm glad they considered that the hunters would not enjoy walking to a public shower room where anyone can see you. I quickly have a lukewarm shower to try to clear my head. It doesn't work.

I quickly get changed into my usual camp wear, grab my silver hunting knives and walk out of my cabin. By looking at the sun, I could tell it was around eight-thirty a.m. so I walk over to the Dinning Pavilion and grab two apples and take a big, juicy crunch out of the side of the first one. I walk past the fire and while walking, I toss the apple into the fire for the gods and walk to the Big House with the other red apple in hand. I ignore the glares other campers are giving me and keep walking. There's no use for sitting down and eating if I was going to be alone and receiving glares, and besides, I've got to figure put my past. and there's only one way to figure it out. I spot Chiron in his wheelchair playing pinochle with Mr. D - short for Dionysus - our camp director. By the look on Mr. D's face, Chiron's winning.

Mr. D tips his wine bottle and pours it into a glass. I watch as it turns into a dark liquid, which I guess is Diet Coke. "Chiron, it's your turn." Mr. D says bitterly.

Without looking up from his cards, Chiron says, "Yes, yes, I know Dionysus. Nice morning isn't it, Raven?"

I nod, "Yes, very brisk." I walk to them and pull up a seat and examine the game. "About last night - "

"I know, Raven. It's fine. We'll figure out how you were born." Chiron says, tossing a card into the middle.

"No, I wasn't going to say that - "

"Your memory is going to come back soon enough, child." Chiron says, watching Mr. D play his card. Chiron takes his card and advances it to the middle.

I take my knife and stab his card, missing his hand by a bit. "Why don't you try listening to my question before you answer!" I snap, looking straight into his ancient brown eyes.

"Ooooo. Somebody's getting boldddd and fiest-eyyy!" Mr. D says as if were a little kid.

"I'm sorry, Raven." Chiron says. "But may you please remove the knife from my card? I was about to win this game."

"What? Oh no, Ragen, I order you as camp director to keep that knife there!" Mr. D says, pointing a chuby finger at me.

"My name is Raven and just for that, no." I remove the knife and Chiron smiles while Dionysus starts cursing at me in Ancient Greek. "Man Mr. D, I'm tempted to get some soap for your mouth."

"So, Raven, how can we help you?" He asks, looking at me this time.

"I wanted to let you know... " I bite my lip. Should I tell him? "I forgot what I was going to say..." I lie. I let out a fake, short laugh. "Just wanted to see you," I lie smoothly. Well, it wasn't an entire lie but what I'm actually here for is... Well, I'm doubting doing this but I'll go anyway. "Chiron, do you mind if I use the bathroom?" I lie, again.