οκτώ: Unexpected Visits From Monsters Are Always Fun

"What? How'd you know, Rawen?" Mr. D demands.

"Raven," I correct him with a vicious look. I've been here since I was seven and he still doesn't say my name correctly. "I'm surprised you haven't figured it out by now, Mr. D. Especially since your a God, aren't you?"

"I knew you were up to something, Raven," Chiron says, directing my attention to him. He's smiling, then his smile disappears. "But we have to have a meeting with the counsellors, now!"

I nod then turning on my heel, I bolt into the field.

* * * *

After I gathered everyone, Chiron lead the way to the meeting place. Nice room, I think to myself sarcastically.

Chiron obviously sits at the head of the table and I sit next to Chiron and Zander sits next to me. Next to Zander is Maple, then Willow, some guy that I'm guessing is Alex, head of the Athena cabin while Annabeth is gone. Willow talks about him non-stop! It gets really annoying. And the rest of the counsellors fill in the rest of the seats.

"Okay everyone! I have ordered Raven to gather all of you here today because she broke the new camp rules and went up the attic to visit Rachel. I'm guessing it was to try to get your memory back, yes?"

"Yeah, but - " I start.

"Well, she ended up hearing a prophecy, correct?" He asks.

"Yes, and before you cut me off, again," I growl, "I'll say the prophecy." I swallow the big lumps that has formed deep in my throat. "Five shall travel west,

Moon, Ocean, Thief, Tree, Death,

There, you'll find the best.

Four will move on, one will stay.

And one will find her last breath,

From the Hunter's Revenge."

They all stare at me in disbelief. I'm guessing none of them has ever encountered a prophecy before. "But how can that be the prophecy? It doesn't even rhyme!" The kid of Apollo announces. He brushes his golden hair out of his face.

"It doesn't need to always rhyme, Jake." Alex states.

"The brain's got a point." Willow says, smiling widely and nudging Alex. Jake rolls his eyes.

"So who's going on the quest, where is this 'west' and what does it mean by, 'the Hunter's Revenge'?" The daughter of Aphrodite, hardly even looks up from her pink and sparkly nails.

"Well if you had a brain to fill that 'perfect' head of yours, Britney," Zander uses air quotations on perfect. "West is Greece, Moon is obviously Raven, who else is the daughter of Artemis? So she's on the quest."

Britney gasps at his remark, as I laugh a bit under my breath.

"Death is probably Zander, Nico's gone - " Alex says.

"Or it could be Jase. He's also a son of Hades." Says Maple.

Zander frowns and looks down. "Jase?" Zander looks to Maple, a vicious expression covering his good-looking face. "How do you know him?" He growls.

Maple opens her mouth to speak but Bookbrain interrupts. "Unlikely, Maple. But extra point for trying. So, back to what I was saying, Thief, well that can be anyone from the Hermes cabin but most likely is Maple and it's the same with Willow." Alex says, as if he knows everything.

"What about the 'ocean'? Any smart remarks about that too?" Jake says smugly, trying to stump Alex.

"Well, Percy's on his quest to destroy Gaea. So..." Alex trails off. He frowns at the table. I can actually see the gears turning inside his head.

A girl, who I notice being from the Hermes cabin, rips open the door and says through casual breaks of panting, "There are two... new demigods at the... the border. And a monster... that comes... comes with them." I notice she has a big cut across her face. We all immediately get up and rush out of the Big House.

You cannot miss the monster. It's out of control! One of the two must be very powerful to attract a Hellhound that big! I run to them. They're both defenceless so I order Maple to cover the one on the left, while I cover the one on the right. I grab one of my hunting knives and throw it at the neck of the Hellhound. All it does is making it angrier.

I hand one knife to the guy I'm guarding. "Try to aim at it's eye." I order him.

"What the heck is that though?" He asks while staring at the monster in fright.

"Just throw the knife for Hades sake!" I yell over the Hellhound's roar.

He nods and throws my knife with such force that goes hilt deep into the hound's nose.

"Is that good?" He smirks.

"For a newbie," I roll my eyes as I throw the knife hilt deep into the Hellhound's eye. I press my necklace and run at the monster. I ready two arrows at it's stomach and I let go of the bow string. I run to it's tail, with one hand, I grab onto the monster's tail and pull myself up and with the other, I grab another knife and throw it at the back of it's neck. I'm finally on his back when I realize that I left that dude below defenceless! I run down the spine of the Hellhound's back and call down to him.

"Catch!" I dig for five of my knives.

"What? You actually expect me to catch knives?" He yells back.

"Yeah, I do. Now catch!" I let them fall from my arms. He catches three of them but the one of two knifes land right near his head but he rolls away in time, and the other, I have no idea where that went. Great just lost a good quality knife, I think angrily to myself. I grab one arrow and stab the Hellhound's back with it. I then climb up his head with some stabbing here and there. When I reach his head, I ready five arrows and without thinking, I jump off his head and I shoot just in time for it to pierce it's skull. The Hellhound lets out a sound of excruciating pain.

I'm now free-falling from the sky, watching the Hellhound disappear into dust. I look at the guy below, he has no knives in his hands. I close my eyes and concentrate. I never have prayed for my godly parent since, well, I didn't have one until yesterday. "Please mom, somehow help me from me having certain death by slamming into the ground. So, uh, anytime now would be nice, thanks."

Before I can do anything else, a wave of water slams into my back, nearly knocking the air out of me. It brings me down to the ground, my clothes clinging to my skin from the water like another skin. I start coughing, and trying to regain air. Where did that come from? Dark overcomes my sight but before I completely black-out, I see the guy run over to me, but what really got to me was that I see a tiny, green, glowing trident float above the guy I saved's head.

The son of Poseidon.

Completes one part of the prophecy.

* * * *

(A/N: So this probably is going to be my last post until I get back [I thought the last chapter I did was going to be the last chapter but whatever].

Anyway,

Comment/vote/follow/review/fan/constructive criticism)

-A