Chapter 5-Daddy/Son and Mummy/Daughter Day

Anna's POV

I smile and hold my hand up. "Goodbye guys."

I end the vlog and put the camera on the bedside table next to me. I look at Jonathan who is scrolling through Twitter.

"Today was amazing!" I say to him.

"I know, wasn't it?"

"I still can't believe Emilia won both the awards a week ago today."

"I know," Jonathan adds. "She's a very talented girl."

"Mm," I say. "She takes that off of you."

"Nah," he replies. "I would say she gets all her talents from you."

I giggle. "I don't agree. But let's agree to disagree."

"Ok," Jonathan says then looks back at his phone.

I hug into my pillow and go off into a dream. I think about how far both Emilia and Eduardo have come. They are both so grown up now and are so independent, especially Emilia.

I gently close my eyes and fall fast asleep in a click of a finger.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Emilia holds up a packet of gingerbread biscuits. "Can you please open this mummy."

"You can do it yourself Emilia," I tell her.

"No I can't," she moans.

"Have you tried?" I ask her. She nods. For some reason I don't believe her one bit. "Ok show me."

She pulls the packet apart and rips a bit of it. "See! You can do it!" I say to her. She smiles and opens the packet more. "Thank you mummy," she thanks me.

"You're welcome," I say to her. Eduardo walks in. "Hello mummy, hello Emilia."

"Hello Eduardo," I greet him.

"Hi Wardo," Emilia says. Eduardo looks at Emilia's packet of biscuits as she goes through to the living room. "Can I have that?" Eduardo asks me.

"I knew you would say that!" I smile at him. I go over and take out a packet and hand it to him. "Here you go."

"Thanks mummy," Eduardo says with a smile. He opens the packet straight away and heads off into the living room to join Emilia.

I smile and shake my head then I start to clean up the kitchen. Jonathan enters and wraps his arms around my back. He kisses my left cheek and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi," I giggle.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Jonathan's POV

I really wanted to go to the park and take one of my kids. I thought about taking Eduardo because he's a lad like me and he's the youngest.

"Anna, is it ok if I Eduardo to the park?" I ask her.

"Of course you can," Anna says to me. "Me and Emilia can have a girly time. Painting nails, doing hair, all that girly stuff that you and Eduardo wouldn't understand."

"And me and Eduardo will play football, talk about guy stuff, you know all that stuff that you and Emilia wouldn't understand," I say cheekily.

Anna rolls her eyes and sticks out her tongue. I laugh and put my arms around her shoulder then kiss her cheek. "I love you," I tell her.

"Who could blame you?" Anna jokes. I laugh then kiss her cheek again. I let her go and she goes over to the sink. I hear Eduardo and Emilia giggling loudly.