Chapter 12-Emilia's Birthday Present

September 1st

Anna's POV

Emilia's birthday is tomorrow. Oma, Emma and Erika came yesterday and they're leaving on Saturday the fifth.

The kids are attached to the three of them and I'm dreading when they're going back home to Ireland.

The house has been so busy. I've been too tired, but I'm wanting to make this the best birthday for Emilia. I don't want to let her down.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

At night when the kids are in bed everyone helps me decorate the house for Emilia tomorrow. Me and Mum sort the presents whilst Jonathan, Emma and Erika do the decorations. Once the presents are done me and mum get the cake and snacks ready.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Jonathan's POV

"Emilia. Emilia, wake up. It's your birthday," I whisper in Emilia's ear. She wakes up and smiles at me.

"It's your birthday, Emilia," I remind her. Emilia gasps and sits up. "Am I eight?"

I nod. "Mmhm."

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Anna's POV

Jonathan came down with the kids.

"Happy Birthday Emilia!" Me, Mum, Emma and Erika say in unison.

Emilia smiles excitedly. Then she runs up and hugs me.

"Aww," everyone says.

"Happy Birthday Princess," I say to Emilia.

"Thank you mummy," Emilia replies sweetly.

"Now, go and open your presents," I boss. She goes over and opens her first present which is a set of pens.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

I ask to put Emilia to bed tonight and Jonathan can put Eduardo to bed.

"Did you have a good day?" I ask her. She nods in reply. "It was amazing! I don't want today to end."

"Well, that's just part of life, Emilia. There's no time like the present. The past is only in our memory and the future is still to come."

Emilia hugs me and says, "I love you Mummy."

"I love you too Emilia," I reply.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The next day

It's Emilia's party today. All her friends are invited and I invited Zoe and Alfie and some of my other friends. Eduardo took two of his friends too, just so he wouldn't feel left out in a bunch of girls.

Emilia looked so pretty in a light pink dress. I put some makeup onto her, just lipgloss, some perfume and white eyeshadow.

Eduardo looked handsome too. He had on a fancy suit and his hair was so neat, not a hair out of place.