Chapter 7-No Harm Done

Anna's POV

"Where's Emilia and Eduardo?" Jonathan asks Louisa. She gulps nervously. "In the basement."

"Why? I told them they should never go down to the basement without an adult with them," I told her.

"We were playing hide and seek," Louisa lies. I ignore her and run over to the basement. I open the door and shout down. "Emilia?! Eduardo?!" Then I rush down as fast as I can to get them. I see them hiding in the corner away from everyone. They are shaking like mad. "Mummy!" Emilia sobs.

"Oh Emilia! Eduardo!" I say rushing over to them and hugging them close to me. "I'm never getting a new nanny again."

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Jonathan's POV

I look at Louisa. "And where's the dogs?"

"In the living room," she explains. I rush through to the living room to see the dogs all together on the couch shaking. "Guys." I go over to them and stroke them.

Louisa walks through and I turn around. I keep thinking she has a knife even when she doesn't. Bianca jumps down from the sofa and barks at her. "Bianca! Bianca!" I order but Bianca doesn't stop. I pick her up.

"It's ok. Little mutts like her should do as they're told," she says. Bianca growls at her angrily. I put Bianca with the rest of the dogs.

"I'm just away to make some coffee. I'll be back in a second," I tell her. She nods. I look at the dogs then go through to the kitchen.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Anna's POV

"I knew we never should have trusted her," Eduardo says.

"Me too Eduardo," I tell him. "Me too."

"I was so scared mummy," Emilia sobs to me.

"Well, don't worry. You've got me and Daddy now. We'll never let anyone new come here again." I say to them then hug them again.

"Can we go and see Daddy?" Emilia asks me. I nod and take both their hands and head up the stairs. Just before we reach the door I hear it lock.

"What was that?" Eduardo asks me in a whisper.

"Oh no. It can't be!" I say.

"What is it mummy?" Emilia asks. I let their hands go and I try to open the door. It won't budge.

"Louisa. She's locked us in," I tell them. Emilia and Eduardo gasp. I start banging at the door. "Help! Help!" I shout.

Emilia hugs Eduardo. They are both shaking with fear. I try my best to unlock the door. I hear the dogs run over to us and they start barking. I sigh. It's no use. Just then the dogs stop barking and I hear a little yelp from one of them. All I can imagine right now is Louisa hurting my poor dogs. They must be as terrified as Emilia and Eduardo right now.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Jonathan's POV

I make my coffee the way I usually do. I hear a lock of the basement door then I hear footsteps entering the kitchen. I turn around to see Louisa.

"Hi," she smiles at me.

"Hi." I turn around again and carry on with my coffee. I hear the cutlery drawer slowly open as one of the cutlery items come out and the drawer closes again. I turn around and frown at Louisa who's arms around behind her back. She's definitely hiding something.

"What's that?" I ask her. She shrugs. "What's what?"

"You have something behind your back," I say to her. She quickly takes her arm around and I see a knife in her hand. My eyes open wide. She quickly comes over. And I am trapped. She lifts her arm with the knife up high. I tightly close my eyes and put my arms in front of my face. I hear a bite and a scream. I open my eyes to find Albi biting Louisa's leg. I escape and grab the knife before she can do anything. I rush over to the cutlery drawer so she can't take any more weapons.